“A great Porter”

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“A great Porter”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Well I did not have time to try any food. We did have time to drink a couple of beers. I must say the Pipeline porter is a must if you like a dark beer. If not I would highly recommend the Long-board. Which you can get at most restaurants on the island.

• Korean first
New Kensington, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great place”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We were visiting during the Ironman Triathlon and Kona Brewing is a sponsor. The brewpub was extremely busy but the staff was friendly and attentive. Even with the crowds our food was delivered quickly and correctly. The beers are very good.

Houston, Texas
73 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 322 helpful votes
“Excellent waitress!”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We came to KBC at the end of a long day of touring the area. I had a sinus infection, and would, honestly, rather have been in bed! We were seated in the patio, and had to move, as a large, loud party,with their young child sleeping on 2 chairs shoved together, near them (at 9:45pm, your 5 year old child isn't in Bed...really?). Our waitress said she fully understood that we had moved, and brought our food shortly.
We had ordered a flatbread pizza with pepperocinis. I know that they are available in "hot" and "mild", but nothing in the name or menu description of this item, indicated the dish was spicy hot. However, it was. With my sore throat, that didn't work well. I asked about it, and our waitress said "pepperocinis are hot peppers". I didn't feel like arguing, so just told her I didn't feel well anyway, bygones, can we have a to-go box, in a kind way.
At this point, our waitress, Charmain, took it on herself to bring me a nice sized salad with Ranch dressing, and showed genuine concern for my not feeling well, and need to eat, when taking medicine. She said she was not charging us for the salad. I Really appreciated her wonderful attitiude!
My husband said he did like the pizza, and the atmosphere of KBC is fun, so we might try it again, on our next trip to HI.

Olympia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Disappointed”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Tried twice to get tour. They are not real convenient. Only give tours couple times a day. You need to be there before 10 am to sign up and do not give tours every day. We didn't need to take the tour that bad....

Colorado Springs
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Excellent food and good beer, even from a wine drinker”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed a lunch here. It is not easy to go on a tour, they have specific times you can sign up and they're not particularly convenient if you're busy enjoying the rest of the island. We decided not to try to fit the sign in time and just had lunch. The pizza was incredible, enjoyed the outside seating, including the mongoose scouting the droppings on the ground. I'm not a beer drinker, but tried the sampler and found 2 beers I actually really liked. We have gone through other beer tours so were happy just to have lunch. We had the one that had spinach and macademia nuts, wow, it was delicious. Worth the stop.

Visited September 2012