“Excellent Beer, Good Grub”

Kona Brewing Company Pub & Brewery
Ranked #19 of 302 Restaurants in Kailua-Kona
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The 2,000-square-foot outdoor lanai, surrounded by lush tropical vegetation and tiki torches, offers seating for 175 patrons. Customers also can enjoy a cool meal or beverage inside the air-conditioned bar area at one of several surrounding tables or at the koa U-shaped bar itself. Inside the bar area is the retail store, stocked with colorful T-shirts, hats, towels, coasters, mugs and much more.
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Kona Brewing is the largest operation on the island, and has expanded with mainland breweries also. The beer is fresh, refreshing, and available in several tasty varieties. The food is somewhat more sophisticated than ordinary pub grub, and includes daily specials. Seafood selections take advantage of the island's fisheries. We had two nice lunches there during our visit.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,437)

Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Service is perfect! Every time I come here, me and my friends always have a great time and best service! Pricing is perfect! Haven't over paid! Their pizzas are always delicious! It's the main thing I order all the time! I had their ice cream brownie dessert with hit fudge, mac nut and whipped
cream it was so delicious I wanted to order one more! My favorite! It is hot so where a tank and shorts!

Reviewed June 29, 2014

This is a nice place to go for a good casual meal. The atmosphere is very relaxed and there is no pressure to rush through your meal. The Captain Cook pizza was excellent and I don't think I've ever had a pizza with so many plentiful fresh toppings. Definitely a must do when in Kona.

Reviewed June 27, 2014

Beer was the best thing about this place. Food was decent, but way too loud to enjoy company. Pretty much what you'd expect in a brew pub. We went mainly because it was walking distance from our hotel, but there is no safe way to walk to it. . . .

Reviewed June 27, 2014

Went with friends that LOVE beer. The food was outstanding and although it looks like just a warehouse they have done a great job of creating an atmosphere with the shrubbery and decorations. One of the best meals we had. Servers all pleasant and accommodating. It gets crowded so going at an off time helped us get a table and service right away.