“Fun place to eat and have a beer”

Kona Brewing Company Pub & Brewery
Ranked #9 of 290 Restaurants in Kailua-Kona
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The 2,000-square-foot outdoor lanai, surrounded by lush tropical vegetation and tiki torches, offers seating for 175 patrons. Customers also can enjoy a cool meal or beverage inside the air-conditioned bar area at one of several surrounding tables or at the koa U-shaped bar itself. Inside the bar area is the retail store, stocked with colorful T-shirts, hats, towels, coasters, mugs and much more.
West Richland, WA, United States
“Fun place to eat and have a beer”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We ate a lunch here and though there was lots of seating, it stayed full the whole time we were there. The atmosphere was fun, the food was good. We waited quite a while for our meal, but I'm sure the fact it was so busy was the reason.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Ellen M

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Peoria, Il.
“A must visit place in Kona! :)”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We hit Kona Brewing a couple of times on this trip. The first was a late lunch sitting outside and the second as a last meal for dinner before flying home that evening! We just love this place! The atmosphere of sitting outside under the umbrellas is wonderful and having the warm weather just puts you in the mood that you're in the islands and things are going to be relaxing and laid back! The beer there is off the hook and getting it freshly made is wonderful! The food is of the hook (pardon the pun) incredible and as you can see from one of my photos, the Ahi Tacos are to die for! They brought the plate out and I thought I would have a hard time finishing off all the food, but it was so damn good that I surprised myself and cleaned my plate!

If there's a down side to KBC, I've never seen it in three visits over six years. It was great in 2008 and it still top notch in 2013!

You've got to hit this place if you love good service, atmosphere and great food and beer!!!! :)

“Great beer”
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Much better service this time. We always stop at least once each trip. Pastrami sand which was very good. Fish was fresh as well. Love their beer. I was going to get a t-shirt but thought better of that at $30.00 plus tax. It's a t-shirt with their name on it, $30..00 really?

LaPorte, Indiana
“Solid beer, warm and lively atmosphere”
Reviewed December 25, 2013

My husband and I are huge craft beer fans and they had some great options, including some creative and unique beers. Pizza was good, beer was excellent - loved the harvest ale they had on tap. We had trouble finding seating in the bar area on our first visit but that wasn't a problem for us. On our second visit we had no trouble sitting down. Great staff, great service.

• Visited November 2013
Port Coquitlam, Canada
“Good pizza, good beer and good service.”
Reviewed December 24, 2013

After a day on the beach I took my family here. I had heard it was good for pizza and I was looking forward to trying their beer. People had told me it was great but I am always a bit skeptical.
Fortunately it was awesome. :)
We walked in and were greeted right away. We had to wait ten minutes so I checked out the gift shop. I bought a cool tshirt and then we had a table.
My two boys were starving so it was great not to wait too long. We ordered my youngest a plain cheese pizza and the rest of us shared a large Hawaiian (of course).
The server was very patient with us as our kids are a handful and like to change their minds and can't decide very quickly.
The pizza was really tasty and the beer exceeded expectations.
I took my oldest son to the washroom which was clean and well kept. On the way there we passed the kitchen were the guys making the pizza were throwing the dough up in the air. They saw us stop and watch and really did a show for us. The guy was really having a good time and my son was amazed and his skill. The dough would fly up in the air, around his head, under his arm and then back up in the air again. Really cool. Not something they are known for but this guy went beyond his job description to show us a good time.
I am a tough critic and I highly recommend this place. Not only for a good meal but a good time.
Thanks Kona Brewing Company. We appreciate the great service a high value experience.