“Great Location and Service”
Review of Royal Kona Resort

Royal Kona Resort
Ranked #69 of 296 Restaurants in Kailua-Kona
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Open, Airy, right on the water. Beautiful sunsets, great happy hour at Don the Beachcomber, and just a short walk to downtown Kailua-Kona this resort has it all. Rooms are clean but very tired and the mattress in our room was hard and old. I think that the resort could make an investment in new mattresses all around! The value for the $ is really pretty good. Pay the little extra and get a ocean front room, the sound of the crashing waves at night and in the am is refreshing. The Staff was friendly, helpful and accomodating. On the rocks (rest. next door) offers coffee and scones for about $6.00 a person. The pool is beautiful (on the ocean side) and the salt water lagoon offered nice swimming without getting hammered by the waves.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Love the openness of this entire site. The lounge has a view of the water from just about every seat. The Restaurant was very good we enjoyed our Christmas dinner here.

1  Thank Soudini
Reviewed January 1, 2014

great pool location and saltwater lagoon . Happy hour, sunsets and ocean front. Rookms were tired but clean Lanai was large and had chairs for sunset views, excellent

1  Thank carOlyn51_11
Reviewed November 28, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the Royal Kona Resort for a friend's wedding. The rooms have been semi-updated, but you can tell this hotel is starting to show its age. I feel like we received a great deal on our room though - we ended up paying roughly $155/night with tax for an ocean front room that also included daily breakfast at the restaurant downstairs.

The rooms were clean, the views were great, and having the mini fridge in the room allowed us to store some extra drinks. The breakfast buffet was ok, but I wasn't overly impressed. The rooms were very quiet though. We rarely heard any noises coming from outside or the hallways and our room was right by the elevator on the 4th floor in the Alii tower.

The only complaint I had about the hotel was the fact that they charge for wifi. I think wifi is free just about anywhere these days, but they charge $10 per day! I guess most people wouldn't even need access to wifi because they can use data on their phones, but my husband needed to keep up with work while he was away.

I'd definitely return to this place again in the future though. We were happy with our stay there and the location can't be beat!

Reviewed November 10, 2013

We had lunch here, overlooking the ocean. The service was very good, the salads were wonderful and the view...really can't be beat!

1  Thank NanSimpson