“Solid Pizza Place”

Description: Full service Italian restaurant
Hawaii
“Solid Pizza Place”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We generally go for the pizza and haven't tried much else on the menu. Pizza is good, NY style with nice consistency crust, decent selection of toppings, sauce and cheese are adequate. This is a red table cloth kinda place. Bare bones wine and beer selection, with a small bar in the back of the restaurant. This night we had pizza with pepperoni and sun-dried tomatoes. No complaints, got the job done. I also had a dinner salad. It had romaine lettuce, diced tomatoes and black olives, very basic, but was quite fresh. All in all, I like this place and will return. Simple and basic, which you need sometimes.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Finn1033

San Francisco, California
“Nice surprise of good food”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

One night on the Big Island, we were craving pasta. We stumbled upon Bianelli's and were pleasantly surprised by our discovery! The place smells like pizza, and if you're anything like me, that's the smell that draws you in! There's nothing like the smell of pizza baking....

But funny enough, the five of us each ordered pasta, not the pizza. With the "Pick Your Pasta" option, we couldn't go wrong. Choice of shells (my son loved this!), fettucini and spaghetti, followed by a choice of different sauces (I HIGHLY recommend their "famous" pink sauce -- SO YUMMY!), and you can add sausage, meatballs and/or sauteed mushrooms. Half portion sizes available too. Let's just say every one of our choices was incredibly satisfying. Especially since we also ordered the pesto garlic bread with mac nuts.

We definitely left this place with smiles on our faces!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank BeezPulelehua27
Georgetown, Canada
“Pizza soggy and gave me really bad heartburn. Crust awful. Too thick and tasteless.”
Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

Ordered the White Pizza, the Meat One, and the Mexican. Picked it up and brought it home. Yuk! Soggy! We have eaten here before (in restaurant) and it was again very, very disappointing. Don't bother if you can help it.

• Visited April 2013
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Excellent pizza!”
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

We stopped in for some pizza. & were pleasantly surprised! The crust was great : light & not greasy. The pizza toppings were very fresh & they have some unique options like dairy free cheese & macadamia nuts. Good value too.

New York
“Mostly a Pizza Place”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

From the menu, this is mostly a pizza place, but we did not have pizza. We were looking to have pasta dishes, but those are rather limited. I had a calzone and my wife had a greek salad with garlic bread. Prices are reasonable and the portions are large. Food was average. I had to ask twice for sauce on the side for my calzone. When I first asked for the sauce, it seemed like no one had ever requested a side of sauce for a calzone. Just before we left, a guy at the table behind us ordered a calzone and our waitress asked him if he wanted sauce on the side. My wife and I had to laugh about that.

Visited March 2013