“Nice resort - would definitely go back again”

Wyndham Royal Sea Cliff
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Very nice resort - from checkin to checkout. We are Wyndham owners and were not pressured to attend any 'update' or 'meeting' about the timeshare - it was offered, but not pressed. THANK YOU FOR GETTING THIS RIGHT - when people are on vacation, they want to relax and not have to spend precious vacation time doing this. Unit was FANTASTIC! Open the door, walk in around the corner and WHAM - beautiful ocean view out the full wall glass windows to the lanai and Hawaiian music playing on the CD/ipod player. Very roomy - 2nd bedroom was so separate from the master that it seemed like a full size apartment. Full size kitchen with full size fridge, which was great to keep drinks cold. Only drawback was the north pool was a little cold - the trade winds had stopped and clouds were over the west side of the island most of the week. This meant the sun was not out much to warm the water which made it quite chilly. It would be nice if there was a alternate source of heating for those days. Hot tub was great, and just enough activities that if you wanted to just stay at the resort or in town, you would have stuff to do. Finding the elevators from the parking garage was a little 'interesting' - they were not marked on the map and we stumbled on the fact that the elevator right outside our room took us right down to between the 2nd and 3rd parking levels. Also there was no channel guide anywhere in the room to know what channels were offered on TV (there were plenty, but could not find The Weather Channel or Headline News). Also all Wyndham resorts make an effort to aid in recycling and there was a bin in the parking garage for recyclables, but it seems they do not take paper according to the guy at the front desk! We felt really bad leaving a week's worth of newspaper stacked neatly in the room. Hopefully the housekeeper knew how these could be recycled.

Room Tip: Call ahead of your checkin and see if you can get a room with an ocean view. 5th - 7th floors would...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Idreamof
CarolHanna, General Manager at Wyndham Royal Sea Cliff, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Aloha and thank you so much for taking the time to complete a review on TripAdvisor. I always learn so much from each review, and from yours, I learned that we don't do a good job in promoting our efforts to recycle. In every trash room, we have three bins - one is for the mixed recycle which includes newspapers; one is for glass such as wine bottles, glass jars, etc.; and the third is for the marked "HI 5" recycles such as plastic bottles, beer bottles, and aluminum cans. The Association actually pays an outside company - different from our regular trash removal company - to pick up all recycled trash and dispose of it at the appropriate depository at the transfer station. Your comments have reminded me that we need to reiterate our recycle policies with our staff and i appreciate that!!

Thank you so much and I am so pleased that you enjoyed our resort!!

Reviewed May 27, 2014

Our stay at this place was great. The grounds were kept immaculate. The "beach" is a little rough made of volcanic rock so don't expect to swim there. They do have 2 pools for you to enjoy. The room itself was great with a big balcony off the master suite. The only negative that I found with the place is they do not have a restaurant or even a snack bar on the premises. This made breakfast tough. There is a timeshare presentation each morning but we did not feel comfortable crashing that for bagels and fruit.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank silverfish
CarolHanna, General Manager at Wyndham Royal Sea Cliff, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on the Wyndham Royal Sea Cliff Resort. We truly appreciate your comments. I wish you had "crashed" the orientation for a bagel as you would have found out that our morning presentation is not a timeshare presentation but rather, an overview of all of the many activities available here on our beautiful island. They cover everything from Farmer's Markets to best beaches to free hikes to restaurants in addition to the activities that you pay for. So next time, please feel free to come to the orientation and you will walk away with a total understanding of all there is to do and experience here on Hawaii Island - plus a bagel and fruit!!

Reviewed May 23, 2014

I had a surprisingly good stay at this resort. I expected and prepared to be harassed by the staff at this timeshare resort, but was not. Although, Im already an owner with Wyndham -the only presentation that we attended was a brief overview of things to do on the island. And what a beautiful island it is! This island has it all: from rainforest, to desert, to sand and sun, and volcanoes. It is absolutely the gardens of Eden on this island.

Room Tip: We had one of the newer, renovated rooms on the first floor. It was really nice, towards the pool a...
1  Thank Betterbu2

I am always so pleased to read reviews from people who really took advantage of all that our beautiful island has to offer. It truly is a remarkable place and I thank you so much for sharing that via a review on Tripadvisor. I hope we see you again - there is still so much to experience!

Mahalo!

Reviewed May 10, 2014

Just stayed one week at the Wyndham Royal Sea Cliff and loved it. For a party of 7 family members we were a bit disappointed that they don't have 3 bedroom units, but the 2 bedroom and 1 bedroom that we got were fantastic. Very large units, well appointed and equipped made our stay very comfortable. Large bedrooms, completely stocked kitchens with everything we needed, large and comfortable living rooms, large lanai's with ocean views and large clean bathrooms made us feel at home. Staff was great, helpful and happy. Grounds were kept up very nicely and the 2 pools were awesome, both overlooking the ocean. Hot tub was small, but looked nice. Concierge was very helpful and the ladies from Expedia also were very helpful in planning our excursions. I think the only thing I thought could have done better was that we requested our 2 units side by side and they couldn't accommodate us, even though I booked this 9 months prior to our arrival. we were close however with one unit in between and perhaps it is a popular place and does book up early.

Room Tip: You need a car or take the bus that stops right in front of he building to get to the town. It is n...
2  Thank Bill H
CarolHanna, General Manager at Wyndham Royal Sea Cliff, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Aloha!! So wonderful to hear that you and your family so enjoyed your vacation at the Wyndham Royal Sea Cliff Resort! We so appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience here. I am sorry that we weren't able to get your units side by side. We are challenged in that half of the units are independentally owned, in addition to the fact that we only have 8 one bedroom units. I am pleased that it didn't hinder your overall experience too much!!

Mahalo and we hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed May 9, 2014

We for the most part enjoyed staying at this resort. Our family have stayed here last year and we enjoyed it tremendously that we decided to return again. Location is great, rooms always nice and clean, very nice staff always friendly and responsive to your needs. Grounds are very nicely kept. No complaints except for the fact i didn't appreciate that the young girl Nani performing the activities apparently enjoys showing inappropriate affections and making out with a male employee that apparently also works here, not a good thing with children around the pool area, very inappropriate!

Room Tip: Call a month prior to your stay to request where you would prefer to be located on the resort
1  Thank Joycelyn C

Aloha Joycelyn,

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete a review and thank you for coming back a second time! We so appreciate your kind words.

Joycelyn, I am very concerned over the incident you described and I would appreciate taking the matter off line so that you can share additional details with me. Please contact me at carol.hanna@wyn.com or on my office phone at (808) 334-3117. We certainly agree that this sort of behavior is inappropriate.

Thank you again and I look forward to hearing from you.

With aloha,
Carol Hanna

Reviewed April 11, 2014

We recently spent a week at the Seacliff. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I asked for an ocean view and was given an amazing first floor ocean front room. The only complaint I would have us that they need a few more chairs by the adult pool. Also, the pool really needs to open at 8 am not 9 am! The resort have a gate on the ocean and with the pool not opening till 9am, you are unable to sit by the ocean to have a morning coffee:( Other than that, the resort is very well maintained inside and out! I would stay again and highly recommend to stay there!

• Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank beachbabi
CarolHanna, General Manager at Wyndham Royal Sea Cliff, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Mahalo for taking the time to complete a review regarding your recent stay at the Royal Sea Cliff Resort. I am so pleased that we were able to accommodate your request for an ocean view unit.

I appreciate your suggestion to open the pools earlier and I assure you that I will discuss this with our pool cleaner. It may be possible to open at least one of the two pools so that our guests may enjoy either an early morning swim or a relaxing cup of coffee by the ocean.

Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit!!

With aloha,

Reviewed April 2, 2014

This is an older resort but very classic. The units have been updated and are EXTREMELY quiet. I absolutely logs the location and spent hours on the rocks in front of the pools. The only real complaint I had was the annoying ceiling fan that kept tapping on something. We tried to leave it off but had to have the air circulating so tried to ignore it. Otherwise is a great deal for the money.
We did not attend the time share meeting. There's only so many times you can get 'updated'!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Amber S
CarolHanna, General Manager at Wyndham Royal Sea Cliff, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete a review on our property, the Wyndham Royal Sea Cliff. I'm so pleased that you liked our renovated units - we have only the 16 ocean front units to go and we'll have renovated 100%. I'll bet that you enjoyed some fun "whale shows" right here in front of the property!! I'm sorry for the unbalanced ceiling fan and I hope you had a chance to let us know about that while you were here. We have four very talented maintenance men dedicated to our Wyndham units and they can fix anything!!

Mahalo and we hope to see you again in the near future.