“Outstanding Tour-worth every penny-Day Tour into Waipio Valley&Waterfalls”

Wasabi Tours Hawaii
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Wasabi Tours Hawaii is a locally owned and operated company specialize in guided small group tours on the Big Island of Hawaii. Our circle island tour, twilight volcano tour, Waipio Valley waterfall tour, historic Kona tour, and customized private tours offer a personal, exciting, and unique experience that's unmatched by other group tours. We only select the most breathtaking and scenic attractions and travel routes to ensure our guests will cherish the experience for a lifetime.
Reviewed May 6, 2015

My tour into the Waipio Valley via 4 wheel drive van was awesome. Best tour of my trip. The tour guide, Kala, was very knowledgable about the history, flora, and customs of the Islands. He was very polite and respectful of his guests and very fluent in Chinese as he gave the information in their language as well as English. The valley is gorgeous and the Black Sand Beach was well worth the 20 minute walk to it. Easy walk. flowers beautiful, interesting way of life among the people who live there and the double waterfalls at the end of the valley-breathtaking. Tasty lunch served and trip to Akaka Falls and Rainbow Falls great photo opportunity. I'd recommend this tour to everyone-especially if you get Kala for your guide.

5  Thank hawaii102015
Write a ReviewReviews (1,550)
All reviews
"lava tube"
in 62 reviews
"teriyaki chicken"
in 17 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 52 reviews
"the entire island"
in 30 reviews
"small group tour"
in 17 reviews

Reviewed May 4, 2015

One of the best tours to take to get an overview of The Big Island in one day with Kala, the tour guide doing all the driving! I enjoyed seeing all the waterfalls, the Waipio Valley and all the breathtaking scenery but the best part was seeing the Kilauea lava flow from the Jaggar lookout, a chance of a lifetime! Kala definitely knows his information and was great in giving our tour so many interesting facts and history even while driving. I have visited the island many times before but definitely saw and learned a lot more by going on this tour. Thank you, Kala and Wasabi Tours for an awesome day around the island and for putting out such a quality tour. I would definitely recommend this tour to anyone visiting The Big Island and would definitely take another one of their tours when I visit again.

5  Thank DonnaL0810
Reviewed May 4, 2015

Wasabi Tours - Big Island Twilight Volcano Tour. Our tour group only 8 people, it was a small group which is nice. Our tour guide Nick is very knowledgeable and polite. He always answers all the questions we ask, never fail. Really enjoy this whole day tour. We were lucky to have him.

3  Thank LoveHawaiiLoveKona
Reviewed May 2, 2015 via mobile

My wife and I took this tour. It's a great tour to see many must see places on the Big Island. It's a 10 hour tour in which you'll circle the island stopping to see Waipo Valley lookout and it's beatiful vistas . From there it's on to beautiful and powerful Akaka Falls and then Rainbow falls. After a lunch of Chicken Fish and rice it's on to Volcano National Park and Kilauea volcano which is active for the first time in years with lava fountains. From there you get to walk through the Thuston Lava Tube which is awsome. Then on to beautiful Punaluu Black sand Beach where you'll get to stroll and take in the sights which happened to include many Honu or Giant Sea turtles resting and nesting on the beach. Our guide Nick was awsome with his knowledge of Hawaiian culture and legends. He is also very knowledgeable of the plant life of the island both native and imported. Also with his knowledge of geology and volcanism he will answer any questions you may have on how the islands were created and formed. My wife and I highly recommend this tour with Wasabi Hawaiian Tours.

Rob and Diane
Connecticut

4  Thank Rob A
See more reviews
Reviewed May 2, 2015

It was my first vacation to the Big Island of Hawaii and I booked a full day circle tour with Wasabi Tours with my boyfriend, in order to get acquainted with the island's landscape and popular destinations. Our tour guide, Kala, was absolutely phenomenal! Not only did he show us all of the beautiful sights and landscapes that the island has to offer but he was also an encyclopedia of information! You could ask Kala almost anything about the island and he would almost certainly have the answer. Kala was a historian, a geographer, a geologist, a horticulturalist and even a sociologist all in one! His knowledge spanned various areas of interest and, in addition, he was a great story teller! In addition to all of the knowledge he had to share, he was extremely hospitable, professional, warm, and inviting--right from the start to the end of the tour!
Somehow he managed to keep enthusiastic for the 10+ hour long day. Kala mentioned he used to work in the high end resorts in the North Shore and you can really tell that he did, as he provides extremely professional service. He really went out of his way to make sure the guests were all getting the most out of the experience. When we learned the lava was really high in the Volcanoes National Park, Kala made a few separate attempts to return to the site, as the grounds were extremely steamy that particular day. He REALLY wanted us to see the lava, but it is so sad to say the weather did not cooperate that particular day despite Kala's greatest efforts.

Despite being unable to see volcano lava that particular day (purely due to bad luck!), we were fortunate enough to see all the other beautiful sites of Hawaii including Akaka falls, Waipio Valley the lava tube, blacks sands beach, an interesting orchid farm, and all the sites Wasabi tours promises to take you! Did I also mention that Kala tells cool tips, tricks, and facts throughout the trip? He is truly a gentleman of many hats! And to top the day off, Kala knew how much I wanted to see some of the Hawaiian Honu (sea turtles), and he found me some of those as well, lazing on the beach!

Overall, I have to say, Wasabi Tours does a really great job preparing a fun and informative day for guests. I learned so much about the Big Island, about its native and non-native fauna/flora, history, as well as the lava risk zones on the island, which was particularly interesting to me. I think the information Kala shared would also help families looking to move to the Big Island, because it really does cover some major topics that any prospective estate buyer should really think about. The organization and structure of the trip was ultimately suitable to our needs and purpose during our stay on the island. I would not hesitate to recommend this tour to couples, families, or singles staying on the Big Island. Wasabi's Circle Tour is also a great way to survey the island if you are staying for a short time and a great way to figure out what major sites you would like to revisit.

Ultimately, a big thank you to Kala for keeping us entertained and showing us around the tropical paradise of Hawaii!

Mahalo!