“Very nice people, good service”
Review of Island Lava Java

Island Lava Java
Reserve with OpenTable
Island Lava Java is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 304 Restaurants in Kailua-Kona
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Palani
Transit: Public bus stop 300 yards away.
Description: Great Kona Restaurant specializing in fresh, local, organic and sustainable food with 100% Kona Coffee and our own Bakery on site. Serving breakfast, lunch, dinner & Sunday brunch, we are committed to using the highest quality locally produced ingredients. We proudly feature grass fed Big Island Beef, Big Island organic goat cheese and locally grown organic produce, freshly baked house made breads, desserts & goodies. Island Lava Java, Bistro Grill is Kona's #1 Coffee House and Restaurant. We were voted to have the "Best Breakfast in Kona" by the readers of the West Hawaii Today. Island Lava Java Bistro & Grill's Island fare is inspired by everyday island cooking. You'll feel relaxed while savoring a great meal in our casual and comfortable outside, Oceanside lanai. Experience our inventive cuisine, attentive service, and a friendly atmosphere; come see what makes us one of the most popular restaurants and coffee houses in town. We look forward to meeting you!
Reviewed December 2, 2010

I would be a regular if of lived here:), free wi fi, great service, very nice people

Write a ReviewReviews (2,848)

Reviewed December 1, 2010

Once my boyfriend and I discovered this cafe, we went here nearly every morning!!! Great breakfast. Food was fantastic, wanted every breakfast option on the menu. A little pricey, but not horrible. The coffee was good too.

The location is the BEST. I think that is why we loved it so much. It is outdoor seating, and you overlook the water. It is just beautiful.

The servers were all great, and very patient (it was verrrry busy, get there early!). They are all cute, too. :)

GO THERE!!

Reviewed November 28, 2010

We ate breakfast here four times over the course of a week, and the food is consistently good. Great potatoes and toast with whatever breakfast entree you choose. Service was always good, as well, but we were served twice by Celeste who was particularly great. The outside seating and view of the ocean is terrific.

Reviewed November 26, 2010

We were hesitant to go here for dinner (it’s a coffee shop right?) but after reaching our limit on pub food we decided to give it a try. Could not have been more happy that we did. The seating is almost all outside so you get to watch the ocean and passersby on Ali'i Drive. We enjoyed an bowl of Curry Beef Soup, Kalbi Butterfish and Salad Nicoise.

We even ended up going back a few days later for breakfast. Again, we were really happy that we did. Great coffee. Standard breakfast items with some twists. We ordered the Luau Omelet with a soy, sugar-free mocha and the Waipio Stack over easy with a cup of Kona drip. Great breakfast.

They were featuring live music for both our dinner and breakfast.

Reviewed November 14, 2010

After reading many of the reviews on restaurants in Kailua-Kona, I decided to go to Island Lava Java for lunch one day. I'm so glad I did as I had a fantastic time there! It is situated right along Alii Dr. with an expansive ocean view and had prompt and friendly service. I can't rave enough about their food! I had the roasted veggie wrap which came with a choice of side salad, fries or soup and it had become my go-to lunch during my stay there! I'm pleasantly surprised to find that the prices are very reasonable considering that it is situated in such a great location. My Veggie wrap was $11.95 and my husband's Sunset Burger with local grass-fed beef was only $10.95. We went back for dinner another night and had the best Fresh Fish Tacos and Lilikoi braised short ribs. Every time we went there, we observed that there were many locals eating there as well which confirmed its high recommendation .