“Amazing--favorite breakfast spot! Wish we found it sooner!!”
Review of Island Lava Java

Island Lava Java
Reserve with OpenTable
Island Lava Java is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 288 Restaurants in Kailua-Kona
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Palani
Transit: Public bus stop 300 yards away.
Description: Great Kona Restaurant specializing in fresh, local, organic and sustainable food with 100% Kona Coffee and our own Bakery on site. Serving breakfast, lunch, dinner & Sunday brunch, we are committed to using the highest quality locally produced ingredients. We proudly feature grass fed Big Island Beef, Big Island organic goat cheese and locally grown organic produce, freshly baked house made breads, desserts & goodies. Island Lava Java, Bistro Grill is Kona's #1 Coffee House and Restaurant. We were voted to have the "Best Breakfast in Kona" by the readers of the West Hawaii Today. Island Lava Java Bistro & Grill's Island fare is inspired by everyday island cooking. You'll feel relaxed while savoring a great meal in our casual and comfortable outside, Oceanside lanai. Experience our inventive cuisine, attentive service, and a friendly atmosphere; come see what makes us one of the most popular restaurants and coffee houses in town. We look forward to meeting you!
Baltimore, Maryland
“Amazing--favorite breakfast spot! Wish we found it sooner!!”
Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

Had amazing food every time! Island style pancakes with macadamia nuts and banana were perfect. Eggs Benedict were mouth-wateringly delicious!! Had to take a cinnamon roll home for later because we just couldn't pass it up and it was wonderful, too. Went back every day and wish we had found it on the first day! Sat outside and watched dolphins jumping. Loved the view and the food! Definitely going back!!!!!

• Indonesian first
Palmer, AK
“Best Breakfast Ever!”
Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

Hands down best breakfast I have had on the Big Island. The service is great even when they are busy. The server even offered to refill our iced tea before we left.

The only thing I wish they could change is the location of the restroom!

1 Thank HeatherNelles
San Juan Capistrano, California, United States
“Enjoyed dinner with live music”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Place is located in heart of beach front shopping area. We stoped by after hard long shopping day. :)) Most seats are out side looking at ocean while enjoying live music. I had best beet salad. It was perfectly seasoned with nuts and avocado and cheese. My husband loved shrimp pasta. Although my daughter didn't like her panko tofu place has variety of food to choose from. Music was relaxing and view was great. This is what I needed on my vacation. :)))))

• Visited June 2014
Seattle, Washington
“Good for breakfast”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

We originally headed to Lava Java to find a coffee shop, but it's really more of a restaurant - a host will seat you, and people don't generally hang around to read or idly work. It's usually pretty busy so the vibe is kind of in-and-out (if you're looking for a real 'coffee shop' to hang out at, try Daylight Mind just a block away, which has unbeatable deck seating). The breakfast was very good though, so we came back a few times for that. Coffee was just ok, but I have high standards.

Visited June 2014
Creve Coeur, Missouri
“Outstanding dinner”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

This place was mostly billed as a breakfast location but we wanted something close by to our condo with a view of the beach and good food, so I made a reservation on their website via Open Table while I was doing research before leaving on our trip. First they gave us these little crostinis with jalapeño cream cheese drizzled with mint oil. I know you're saying "What?" but seriously, it was amazing. My husband had the ahi and it was woefully overcooked, but our server whisked it away and brought it back still flopping on the plate, which is exactly how he likes it. I don't recall exactly what my daughter and I had, but we loved it. There is a kids menu as I recall, but my kid has adult tastes in food (ate all of her jalapeño crostini and tried to steal mine) so I cannot speak to the kid menu. Excellent service.

• Visited June 2014