“Killer Breakfast.”
Review of Island Lava Java

Island Lava Java
Reserve with OpenTable
Island Lava Java is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 299 Restaurants in Kailua-Kona
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Palani
Transit: Public bus stop 300 yards away.
Description: Great Kona Restaurant specializing in fresh, local, organic and sustainable food with 100% Kona Coffee and our own Bakery on site. Serving breakfast, lunch, dinner & Sunday brunch, we are committed to using the highest quality locally produced ingredients. We proudly feature grass fed Big Island Beef, Big Island organic goat cheese and locally grown organic produce, freshly baked house made breads, desserts & goodies. Island Lava Java, Bistro Grill is Kona's #1 Coffee House and Restaurant. We were voted to have the "Best Breakfast in Kona" by the readers of the West Hawaii Today. Island Lava Java Bistro & Grill's Island fare is inspired by everyday island cooking. You'll feel relaxed while savoring a great meal in our casual and comfortable outside, Oceanside lanai. Experience our inventive cuisine, attentive service, and a friendly atmosphere; come see what makes us one of the most popular restaurants and coffee houses in town. We look forward to meeting you!
Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

I love this place. I count on it to be delicious, and it always is. I have been here many times and it's a favorite! Pick anything off the menu with confidence :)

Write a ReviewReviews (2,697)

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Our very favorite spot in Kona ..love the hawaiian music, excellent menu, fast service,and fabulous view. It can be busy, but we never wait very long, but you have that wonderful view of the ocean to look at. We have never had a meal we didn't enjoy!! Its always our first and last stop whenever we are in Kona.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

It can be tough to get a seat and service here in the morning, but it's worth the wait. Coffee was good. Pancakes were outstanding. Great view of the sea across the street. Even had live music. A good choice if you're in town.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

So, after a while, you're going to tire of the seafood

Ok, maybe not, but maybe you just want a really solid breakfast, which can be lacking depending on where you are on the Big Island.

I wanted a taste from home for breakfast and lunch every once and while, which is why I''m so glad I found this place.

The desserts and scones for breakfast are yummy. I don't think I have to say anything about the coffee since we're in Kona, the mecca of good coffee, right?

Most of their breakfasts were standards with a little Hawaiian twist. Like my pancakes one morning that came with toasted bananas, macadamia nuts (ok, a few too many for my taste) and coconut syrup. Yum.

Or, come for lunch and skip the extravagant dinner prices for a lot of the same food. I would often eat a late lunch around 4 pm and enjoy the same food at a lower fare than my dining companions who ate an hour later.

And the desserts are pretty darn good. They try to buy all ingredients local, so I like what they're about. Though most of the restaurants do the same thing on the island, I liked the vibe and the waitstaff are funny, attractive and fairly swift.

It's a hot spot, in a great location with a lovely view. Try it at least once.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I love Lava Java. Jo makes the best lattes in Kona. The food is dependably good. The view can't be beat. It is frequently crowded is the only drawback.