“one of my favorite places to eat in Kona!”
Review of Island Lava Java

Island Lava Java
Reserve with OpenTable
Island Lava Java is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 295 Restaurants in Kailua-Kona
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Palani
Transit: Public bus stop 300 yards away.
Description: Great Kona Restaurant specializing in fresh, local, organic and sustainable food with 100% Kona Coffee and our own Bakery on site. Serving breakfast, lunch, dinner & Sunday brunch, we are committed to using the highest quality locally produced ingredients. We proudly feature grass fed Big Island Beef, Big Island organic goat cheese and locally grown organic produce, freshly baked house made breads, desserts & goodies. Island Lava Java, Bistro Grill is Kona's #1 Coffee House and Restaurant. We were voted to have the "Best Breakfast in Kona" by the readers of the West Hawaii Today. Island Lava Java Bistro & Grill's Island fare is inspired by everyday island cooking. You'll feel relaxed while savoring a great meal in our casual and comfortable outside, Oceanside lanai. Experience our inventive cuisine, attentive service, and a friendly atmosphere; come see what makes us one of the most popular restaurants and coffee houses in town. We look forward to meeting you!
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Love this place, usually eat here at least 3 times when I visit. Great food, tasty, healthy and interesting. Location could not be better either. Truly paradise all around. Come early it gets busy but worth the wait.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

I have to admit to being totally bemused by the positive reviews of this cafe. We had breakfast here one morning. We were ignored for quite some time before the server came over and was pretty lukewarm. I ordered a chai latte and it was out of a packet, not made with fresh tea (this is my drink of choice so trust me on this one). My partner was not overly impressed with his iced coffee either (frankly Starbucks is infinitely better). My partners burrito was very small and he found it quite bland. I had the banana pancakes and they were so sickly sweet I could barely eat a mouthful. In our opinion very much overpriced and not at all to our tastes.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Great innovative menu and service. This was our favorite place to stop in to have something to eat, watch people, the ocean and enjoy the nice Hawaiian breeze! Fish changes every day depending on what came in that morning!

Reviewed May 9, 2013

A little pricey but very good food. Fast, friendly service. Great venue. Overlooks ocean. Check out the gigantic cinnamon rolls and other pasteries.

Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

Great Breakfast Spot especially if you LOVE PANCAKES!!!! VERY VERY GOOD! The Ocean is right in front:) they have great baked goods and a nice coffee menu