“Soothing, Surprising, and Satisfying”
Review of Wasabi's Japanese Cuisine - CLOSED

Wasabi's Japanese Cuisine
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We encountered this little gem quite by accident while looking for a new dining spot.
This is a Japanese style restaurant that looks neat and original.
We hardly ever eat sushi or Japanese food so this was an experimental visit for us.
They do a lot of tempura here and so I ordered tempura onions. These arrived as tasty battered onion rings.
They had Ono fish so we did plates of teriyaki Ono and tempura battered Ono. Each plate arrived with a tasty salad with a vinegar/ginger salad dressing, sticky rice and yes four California sushi rolls made of sea weed, rice, avocado, and crab meat. I would say it was quite good as a non-sushi devotee.
Our service was pleasant albeit a bit discombobulated, and they comped our edamame because it arrived slightly frozen.
This is a relaxing, stress-free establishment with tasty food and friendly folks.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Normally I start with the great, then fine, then "just ok". In this case, there aren't any.

below average - The food...4 bland slices of sushi and a "way-too-spicy" roll
sucks - How much I paid for that!
The wrap - I should have left when it took 15 minutes to get a menu and a glass of water.
the "Are U kidding me?" - I watched them lose 12 customers and, I hope, one waitress (Honey, get some self-respect and quit!)

the moment of ZEN...NONE! unless you enjoy watching staff yell at each other, mismanage everything from bussing/cleaning to just being slow...

In short...just don't bother with Wasabi...I wish I hadn't!

4  Thank Keith G
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Being from the middle of the middle west, I assumed that sushi in Hawaii would be far better than I've ever had. Unfortunately, I was a little let down by Wasabi's. The sushi was just okay and was very expensive for what you got.

2  Thank msb2m5
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Best sushi we've had on the island's yet. Great service and drinks are top knoch!!!! Server's friendly and happy to recommend good food. Had the Green Flash Roll!!!!! Yumoooo!!!!

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Good location. The pricing was high in my opinion for what you get. The sushi tasted good - average quality, but this place is NOT an authentic Japanese sushi restaurant. Even though the name of the restaurant is Wasabi, they serve you IMITATION wasabi (how ironic) and you have to pay $2 more for real wasabi. Of course this was not disclosed on the menu. There are better alternatives for Japanese food.