“Nice sunset view with great food!”

Kona Inn Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Kona Inn Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 295 Restaurants in Kailua-Kona
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

We went for a sunset dinner. We opted to sit outside for the sunset, however it got really dark after the sun had set and we felt that the outside sitting area should have been better lighted. I am one to enjoy looking at my food as I eat it. My fiancé had the ribs, which he absolutely loved, I had nachos, I wasn't too hungry, it was really good, and my son had the hot dog. The restaurant is a bit hidden, but worth it to find.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

We had two of their fish dishes - stuffed Ono and macadamia crusted halibut - wonderful. The view was lovely - over looking the ocean. Our server - Bill - was one of the best we have had. He was attentive and very friendly. We loved it.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

Stumbled on this place because we were so hungry. The menu does not quite match up with the grandeur of the place once you walk in. You think that it is a fancy place, but the menu is very unassuming. Salad, burgers, fish and chips. But the view, holy cow! Amazing!!! We sat as close you can get to the water...they had tiki lights going and it was just amazing! I had the fish special not the day, which was the Ono...sandwich or salad option. I had the sandwich, but I only at the fish which was grilled nicely. They are famous for the kona pie and I have to say, it was the best I have ever had! The slice was huge! We split it 3 ways...the ice cream was so good and the whipped cream sweet! I would go back, just for the pie and the view!

Reviewed June 7, 2014

We saved this place for our last dinner in Kona and it was worth the wait. Atmosphere was good, wait staff attentive and unobtrusive and the food was sublime. Not the cheapest place to eat on the island, however, the plates were generous with understated quality. Would highly recommend the dining experience and because of the sheer size of the restaurant probably no need to book.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

This restaurant is located on the coast of Kona. I especially enjoy dinner because you can sit in this open air restaurant with the sound of the surf and the view of the setting sun while you eat dinner. The ambience is one of a relaxed tropical meal. The food is very good, especially the fresh fish. I do note that the lunch menu is much more limited.