“Great Food, good service”

Thai Rin Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #79 of 290 Restaurants in Kailua-Kona
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Vancouver, Canada
“Great Food, good service”
Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I were looking for some food one night when we came across Thai Rin. We popped in to see if there was anything there that we could eat, both my girlfriend and I are Gluten free and dairy free, my girlfriend is also vegetarian, so getting food isn't always easy.

We decided to grab a table on the patio where there was an amazing view. When the server asked if we had any question we told her what our restrictions are and she told us that it would be no problem.

We ordered pineapple fried rice and Pad Thai both with tofu. The server did tell us that the pad Thai has soy sauce and fish sauce, but they will find something to replace those ingredients.

The food was great, service was great, price was reasonable (unlike most places) and it met our dietary requirements.

Gluten-free. Gluten free. Vegeterian. Dairy free. Dairy-free.

1 Thank Wakita-son

Kapaa, Hawaii, United States
“What a nice thai surprise”
Reviewed April 19, 2014

One of the really great things about the Big Island was the people and Thai Rin was like a very pleasing visit with a old friend.
My sister recommended this to my wife and I and I will listen to her recommendations from now on! We were visiting from Kauai and really were so happy about the service. The food was excellent as well, I had some wonderful Pad Thai with portions so large that lunch was set for the next day.
We also bought a few spices and noodles they have available so we can cook thai at home.
I recommend this to cruisers too as it's not that far a walk from the tenders.
The Kona strip has quite a few restaurants, if you would like something a bit different try Thai Rin. Also..if you can't get the kids to eat Thai food there is a food court outside and they can get some burgers or something.
I will be back!

• Visited March 2014
michigan
“Terrible Thai, Thai RUN!”
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

On recent visit, my husband and I stopped for dinner. The food tasted like it was old and simply reheated in oil. I would not recommend this restaurant. The only thing it has going for it is the awesome view! Run from Thai Rin!

Visited April 2014
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
“Good food, great view, fast service.”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Thai Rin has a beautiful view of Kailua Bay so it is a wonderful place to sit and enjoy the ocean waves and people-watch. The service is always fast. I like the pineapple fried rice, the pad thai, and the steamed veggies with peanut sauce. Kona had a lot of good Thai restaurants and this is one of them and has the best view.

Visited March 2014
Richmond, BC,
“Great Food, Service & View”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Every time we are in Kona we make a point of eating here. Sitting on the patio, eating Thai food while watching the sunset is simply perfect.

This visit we shared the Green Curry with Pork and Pad Thai with Shrimp. Also ordered a small sticky rice. ....and of course we had it with a couple of Singha beers.

The food is always great, the service is attentive and the view cannot be beat! And this location won't break the bank account!

• Visited March 2014