“Great Local Eatery! ”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

The food at Big Island Grill is tasty, the portions are huge, and the prices are reasonable (for Kona). Most of the clientele are local. IF atmosphere and presentation are important to you, don't come here -- it is in an old fast-food restaurant. But if you want great food and speedy service at a good price, I highly recommend Big Island Grill.

1  Thank Norm-in-Hilo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,218)

Reviewed June 9, 2014

This was the first place we ate in the Big Island based on the reviews! And it didn't disappoint! We split the large Moco Loco with your choice of 3 meats. We had Portuguese sausage, spam and chicken katsu. Wow!! Also got their 3 pancakes with coconut and strawberries that they had within the layers of the pancakes. Yummy! The place was packed! Definitely a must do here in the Big Island! And the prices were totally reasonable for the generous portion size!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

If you want to try local food this is the place to go. It is not a fancy place but if you want a good food at a good price, this is the place to go. I stopped by the place after arriving in Kona and noticed that this place was busy and it stayed busy. I wanted to try everything on the Menu.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

I had pork and chicken katsu and my husband has the saimin. Both were tasty. I wasn't a big fan of the atmosphere - bright lights and kinda cafeteria like but we enjoyed the food and would recommend it.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

All of us really enjoyed our food. The hash browns, French toast, omelette, and loco moco with pork were all delicious. I really enjoyed the coffe and service also. I don't usually like to repeat places but we may need to go here again before we leave Kona. It seems like a true local place with an easy gong style.