“Great Food Great Price”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed March 9, 2013

The best chicken teriyaki I have ever tasted! My wife had the Teriyaki Oriental Salad which was great too! I would not get the garlic mash potatoes they were to dry. There were other sides offered I think I should have went with the Potato Mac salad. This place was recommended by Lana who has a Massage studio within walking distance. I recommend both!

There are newer reviews for Big Island Grill

Reviewed March 8, 2013

3 meals between 25 February & 4 March
We all have 'em where we live; that go-to cafe, diner, etc. The frequent answer to the question about breakfast, lunch, or dinner. B.I.G. is that place in Kona; good food, reasonably priced, and friendly service. Wait staff was spot on with recommendations. Granted, the service was sometimes slow but never painfully so. Gravy (Loco Moco) was exceptional, the stuff of dreams (according to my wife). Speaking of Loco Moco, the menu opportunity to customize (more than just ground beef) your Loco Moco was great. I recommend the Portuguese sausage.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Nice local restaurant, with great food. Always enjoy eating here. My husband loves the teriyaki beef. The fresh fish items on the menu are also a good choice.

Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

The lady at the concierge of the King Kamehameha refer us to this local establishment! And she was right on! Very large portions for the price! The place was packed so we got a carryout...another guest waiting for a carryout and we asked him for what he liked and he reference the "Beef Teriyaki". So that is what we ordered and it was fantastic! It came with two scoop of rice and another side dish! I will be back....one more time before I leave!

Reviewed March 2, 2013

This seemed like a "mom and pop" type place and was frequented by lots of locals. The local fare food was excellent too, and if you want the best Kailua pork to be found on any island, this is the place!