“Overlooking the ocean; good food with early specials.”
Review of Tante's - CLOSED

Tante's
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Some of my memories of restaurant meals in Hawaii are influenced by the number of Mai Tai's involved. But this was very nice. They have specials for early dinners. The seafood was great. We could look out over the ocean, but away from the noise of cars and people.

Very nice place to eat. Staff helpful.

1  Thank HLAtlanta

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Nice large menu with a variety a choices, local fair and also staple items for the picky eaters. The place had friendly staff, it was clean, food was hot and plentiful. I wish I had discovered it ealier in our trip I would have gone there multiple times.
The view is of the ocean and it was gorgeous. They also had a woman playing live music at breakfast was a fun touch.

1  Thank Patsyann46
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Ate here twice, good breakfast. Good view of harbor. Friendly staff good service. Enjoyed the live music and talk with aunty. Easy to get to via the kona seaside hotel or road, walking distance from palace and kona harbor.

1  Thank Troy H
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We went out for an early morning walk and stopped here for breakfast on our way back to our hotel. Our meal was very good and reasonably priced. A native Hawaiian older woman was there at 8am playing on her ukelele, singing, and giving stories about the island. When we walked by there after dinner in the evening, she was still there performing; what a long day for her! I had the lo-cal breakfast (scrambled egg beaters, toast, cottage cheese, and a fruit cup - all for $7.95) and my husband had the Hawaiian french toast that he said was delicious. We would recommend this as a place to get a good breakfast at reasonable prices with a great view.

1  Thank PK_Maryland
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We were looking for a bite to eat after a long day of travel. Chose this place from the many along this strip of road. The item I wanted was available only if I ordered one of the five course dinners, too much for me, so I opted for veggie pasta, which was a large portion but average quality. The portions are large but of average quality. The service was okay.