“Little dining spot with great food and OK drinks”

Quinn's Almost By The Sea
Ranked #25 of 288 Restaurants in Kailua-Kona
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Captain Cook, Hawaii
“Little dining spot with great food and OK drinks”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Prices are reasonable, service is good, ambiance is so so and the food is dang fresh and prepared with care. Not your fancy spot, parking is not so good but it is a short walk from many hotels and in the heart of town. It has been here a long time

Visited May 2014

Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
“Heard it's The Best Fish & Chips”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Not True..The Batter is soooo thick ..and undercooked in some spots ..I had a lump halfway down my throat with stuck piece of ONO ...the beer is Colder then Kona Brewery Serves and I'm a regular there...so that was a good thing..2 ice cold beers..my Mom ordered Clam chowder and thought it would come before meal..nope ..with lunch..is I had to go ask for it before ..it was out a couple mins. Before..great Veg. sandwich and fries.

Melbourne, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best fish and chips in Kona”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Great food and kid friendly. Handy location almost on waterfront. Special board worth a look. Cold beer.

• Visited June 2014
Kauila Kona
“BEST BURGER IN TOWN?!?! Hopefully just an OFF NIGHT....”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Deviated from standard procedure of procedure and went to Quinn's b/c my husband heard it was "The BEST BURGER IN TOWN" from a local we have known for quite some time now. It wasn't.
We arrived late due to night scuba diving, and my 1st question was if the kitchen was still open--I didn't want to make anyone unhappy by coming in last moment. However, I was assured the kitchen was open and to go get a seat in the back. "The back" was a beautifully decorated lava/garden feel with great lighting. I thought this was going to be great. It wasn't.
The waitress was clearly in a hurry to rush everyone out-even though when we were seated, there were 4 other tables. I asked about what the Medium Rare burger would look like- "pretty bloody" was here response, so I went with Medium. Medium to Quinn's is WELL DONE and DRY.
Throughout the meal, the waitress was stacking the plastic chairs (which you'd think would necessarily make tons of noise), but somehow they did....was she making a point to get everyone out? As we were finishing eating, a couple, clearly just arriving, wearing beautiful leis arrived and were seated in our area. I felt TERRIBLE for them, as we were the last of the waitresses 3 remaining tables, besides the couple just seated. I'm sure they were tired and hungry and needing a cocktail and food....but I'm certain they had poor service and given the same vibe we were....GET OUT.
We will not be going to Quinn's again. We will not deviate from Splashers, which is right next door and alway friendly with great food.

Phoenix
“You better come hungry”
Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

Oh yeah, without a doubt the best value on the island. You won't find any frozen fish sticks here. Just a block from the dock, your fish is often still floppin' when it arrives. LARGE portions of everything. You know it's good when the "locals" tell you it's their favorite place for fish.