“Surprisingly good quality”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Fukuoka, Japan
“Surprisingly good quality”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

From the outside, I was expecting either a touristy generic restaurant, or a dive bar. But this really was a good restaurant. First, it helps that they take orders until 10:30pm, for people like me who like to use up as much of the day on the actual sight seeing as possible. I ordered the fish and chips, and my wife ordered the battered shrimp. The fish was surprisingly good, because rather than a typical soft Atlantic fish, they used Hawaiian ono, so it was firm and flavorful. My wife's shrimp was tasty as well, though less unusual. Both plates were huge and filling (along with the always good Kona Brewing Company beer), especially for the price. Even though the waitress was busy, covering a good 5-6 tables herself, she was very friendly and joking with us and other guests.

• Visited January 2013

Peculiar, MO
“great value”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Great Place to sit relax & eat at a reasonable place. Friendly & Helpful service very family oriented. great menu try the onion rings

Ottawa, Canada
“warning: LARGE portions (of good food!)”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We all enjoyed the Captain's Platter with fish-of-the-day (ono), shrimp and calamari strips, all breaded & deep-fried. Service was friendly and very good. The veggies (green beans swimming in bacon & fried onions) were yummy & still squeaky (we like that) & the other sides were also good. If there was a tiny flaw, it was that the breading was a little heavier than our usual taste, but that didn't prevent us enjoying it. Portions LARGE & we brought some leftovers home for tomorrow's lunch. Thumbs up for having Makena Red Beer, as well as a hard cider for our non-beer-drinking friend.

• Visited January 2013
Sheboygan, Wisconsin, USA
“Across from the Marriott Courtyard.”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

They are only open for breakfast on Sunday's. Ordered my eggs over medium but the whites were still runny. They offered to redo them so I picked scrambled but they weren't good either. Service was slow even though they weren't busy.

Littleton, Colorado
“Very good food.”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We at dinner here twice (my wife wanted to try the fish and chips that I got the first night). I liked the backyard garden area for seating. Wait staff was very busy. Never felt ignored.