“Yum”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Yum”
Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

Great value. Won ton soup best I've had in years. Roasted duck a little dry, noodles great...will be back.

“Tasty food and good value”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I Moved here from mainland for about 3 months now, I finally found a Chinese Restaurant that served good Chinese food. We sat down and order Roast Duck, green beans ground pork, salt and pepper fish and fried rice. The duck was so tasty, juicy and crispy skin, the bean was fresh and fish was out of it's world, spicy and garlicky. Yumm..
I highly recommend this restaurant if you want good food for decent price.

Kona
“Some pretty good food & large portions”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We live here in Kona & ordered food to go after reading other reviews. I asked if they made crispy beef (my son had it in Chinatown/Honolulu & loved it), but they didn't have it & offered to make a salt & pepper beef for us to try. Addictive!!! & I will go back just for that alone! The owner also cut slits in the container so it would not steam & make the crispyness go away. We also ordered Mongolian beef that was very good, but we are not ginger fans and if they had used any more, we would not have liked it. No green onions like other places, so if you want green onions in your Mongolian beef, ask for it. I will ask next time now that I know & hubby really likes those. Definitely get your money's worth on both these dishes as well as the huge container of Royal Jade fried rice. We should have stopped at these three & I would have given 5 stars. We ordered two more dishes though. Cashew chicken - bland, no flavor. But, fresh ingredients & the chicken was tender & veggies crisp. We added a little soy sauce it was decent. Our son liked the honey walnut shrimp but it was just too sweet for my husband & myself. Will only order that again if our son just has to have it. But, going back soon for that salt & pepper beef! Yum!

Waimea, Hawaii
“Disappointing and Bad”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

There is a Jade Garden Restaurant in Waimea on the Big Island that serves excellent food. We thought that the similarity in names would mean equally good flavors here in Kailua-Kona.

We ordered Singapore noodles--made of rice and smothered in curry. There was no curry flavor. We also had fried tofu with vegetables. The veggies were under-cooked, and the dish was over-salted. The eggplant and pork dish was OK, but the pork was tough.

We will not be going back to this restaurant.

1 Thank BigIsleFoodie
Island of Hawaii, Hawaii
“Best Chinese take out in Kona!”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Whenever I have gatherings and we want to eat at home and not cook... I call Royal Jade Garden and order my favorites! Crisp Gau Gee Mein, sweet sour port, lemon chicken... Awesome.