“Best Chinese take out in Kona!”

Royal Jade Garden Chinese
Ranked #197 of 293 Restaurants in Kailua-Kona
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Whenever I have gatherings and we want to eat at home and not cook... I call Royal Jade Garden and order my favorites! Crisp Gau Gee Mein, sweet sour port, lemon chicken... Awesome.

There are newer reviews for Royal Jade Garden Chinese

Reviewed June 4, 2012

Food here was pretty good, although the honey glazed walnut shrimp was a very small portion compared to the other items that were ordered...tasted great though. The eggplant with garlic sauce seemed to lack any garlic flavor, but everything else that we ordered was good (orange chicken, beef with broc, mongolian lamb, chicken lo mein). The mongolian lamb was a nice surprise too. We'd never had that before. The lo mein noodles were not like we've had before...we have usually had them like spaghetti type, but here they were a little different, but good. Not "stellar", but decent.

Reviewed March 21, 2012

The thai food at this restaurant is really good. But the prices are a bit high with portion size. beverage selections are skimpy. our server was enough after eatting there that we won't be back for awhile.

Reviewed March 20, 2012

We really like the food at this restaurant. Service was fast. We ordered way too much so took home and had as leftovers. Its in a little shopping plaza

1  Thank K S
Reviewed December 27, 2011

This is a little very "local" eatery located in a shopping area across from Long's Drug. We have seen it there for many years, but never gone in. Well, I was tired of $12 hamburgers and fish & chip places that all seem to have similar menus and "tourist prices". We went into the shopping plaza to the Verizon store because my husband was having problems with his phone. After resolving the problem, we were trying to think of where to go for dinner. I saw the Chinese decor on the front of this small cafe and I knew it had been there for many years. I thought if it's been there that long we should go check it out. When we got there it was half full of diners, but their main business seemed to be "take-out". The inside eating area has less "charm" than a "Wendy's". I was looking over their menu which was posted by the side of the door as a woman walked out and bumped me with the door. She was very apologetic, although she had hardly bumped me at all. She was obviously a "local" and had a sack of "take-out" food. I asked about the food there and she said it was good, so we walked in to check it out. It was a little confusing, until the woman behind the counter explained it to us. They offer two different choices. The first called the "steam line" which is like Panda Express - already cooked food that you choose, is dished up, and handed to you - fast. The second option is to sit down and order from a menu. We chose the latter. We were unsure of what to get, and figured we could order more if we wanted, so we ordered one order of Cashew Chicken and a bowl of steamed rice. The wait wasn't long and we were served a platter of delicious food liberally topped with whole cashews. There were lots of fresh veges, which I always miss when eating out - chunks of zucchini squash, little corns, I can't remember what else, but it was DELICIOUS! There was enough food to satisfy both of us. At the end of our trip we ate at PF Chang's in Honolulu and ordered their Almond Cashew Chicken and there was no comparison. Royal Jade was at least twice as good at half the price. The cost of our meal was $10.62. It would have cost us more to go to the nearby Burger King! There is a Baskin Robins next door, so we had a cone for desert and felt we had found a treasure. We will definitely go there when we return.

1  Thank Saxeygirl