“Taste Good, Priced Right”

Killer Tacos Incorporated
Ranked #48 of 290 Restaurants in Kailua-Kona
Cuisines: Mexican
San Jose, California
“Taste Good, Priced Right”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Kalua pork shortboards are the best, and reasonably priced. The rest of the family had the fish tacos, really fresh and tasty. Killer Taco is a hole-in-the-wall surrounded by commercial building. I'll take taste over atmosphere any time.

Visited October 2012

Columbia, Missouri
“Disappointed given the reviews”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I searched out this place while in Kona because of the other reviews. It was not all I had hoped. I had the fish tacos. The chips were a tad stale & the guacamole was nothing exceptional. The fish tacos I ordered did not blow my hair back either.

• Visited October 2012
Prescott Valley, Arizona
“GREAT, Fresh Mexican Food... and KILLER Tacos!!”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

My wife & I wanted to try this place after seeing the good TA reviews. Being from California, we enjoy good mexican food, both at home and eating out. We ended up having a late lunch here as our first meal after getting off the plane. We found the place easily, tucked away in an industrial-commercial area of town. In fact, we found it on our way to the Discount Fabric store (just south and across the street), one of my wife's Must Stop & Shop places when we visit the islands; she wanted hawaiian print fabrics for sewing projects when we get home.

Anyway, we arrived at Killer Tacos around 1:30 p.m. very hungry after our 5 hour flight. I scanned the menu board on the back wall, and settled on the $5.99 Lunch Special (available 11am-2pm), a choice of two tacos, and a soft drink. I chose shredded chicken for both my tacos' meat. My wife had a kalua pork taco, also shredded; it was $2.99, a la cart. She said it was the Best taco she'd ever had! The taco shells were chrisp, chrunchy and tasty... not greasy; I think they're made with wheat flour rather than corn meal. They were filled up about half-way with lots of meat, moist and savory, and topped with shredded lettuce, cheese and salsa. The "medium (heat)" salsa was thick with fine diced tomatos and just a hint of "heat" from onion & peppers... delicious! The meat was flavorful and all the ingrediants were fresh tasting. Overall, we agreed the tacos are KILLER, And the prices, very reasonable!

We ended up coming back for lunch two more times during our vacation and always had a great meal. I even branched out and tried a "Longboard" burrito (Bigger, with More Meat than their "Shortboard" version) on my last visit, made with mexican rice, lots of meat, cheese & salsa wrapped up in a large steamed whole wheat torttilla (other torttillas available, like plain, tomato, etc.). It was delicious and filling, as well. This locally owned and managed restaurant is a great choice for good fresh mexican fast food in Kailua Kona. It's a simple place with great food served with aloha spirit. Check it out... but bring CA$H; no Credit Cards accepted!

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank brown93614
Melbourne, Australia
“Tasty and cheap!”
Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

Love taco's and was lucky enough to stumble into this place... in an industrial area...$2.50 Tasty taco.. wanted more but stopped at one.. if i have time will need to try the hawaiin pork. Fresh and good meat.... yum!!!

kona
“Killer. Says it all.”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

You'll be super stoked with these killer deals. You get your burrito or taco made to order while you wait and it's always just good filling, tasty food for a reasonable price. Can't ever go wrong here. Perfect surfing fuel.

Visited October 2012