“Overpriced”

Cuisines: Asian
Puyallup, Washington
“Overpriced”
Reviewed December 31, 2010

Food was ok. I don't think its worth the amount we had to pay. We went there with our family of 14 and had to order entrees, which was fine because we could just share. So we got 2 entrees of a few dishes and 1 of some of the spicy entrees. When they brought the food out, one entree was good for basically one person. My daughter wanted sweet and sour chicken, the one entree had 4 small slices of chicken and the rest was the peppers and pineapples. Basically, an entree is $10 and up without rice amd itg pretty much good for one child. So like I said in the beginning of he review, the food is alright but not worth what they charge.

Portland, Oregon
“Great no frills place. Good local food...”
Reviewed December 23, 2009

Great no frills place. Good local food and great service. Well worth the price.

Dublin, Ireland
“Should be called Kona Sick Plate”
Reviewed September 4, 2009

I know people love this place and I wanted to love it too but it gave me the worst heartburn and then nausea I've ever experienced with this type of food. This is disgusting, but it literally made me vomit in my mouth. Aside from the fact that the food made me sick, I also unfortunately found the macaroni salad really bland and ... I didn't think it could be true ... dry. Too bad, I wanted to be a fan.

1 Thank Becky-in-Oakland
alohaglobal, Public Relations Manager at Montre Asian-Thai Pacific Cuisine, responded to this review, October 10, 2010
This review is outdated and should be removed since it is for a different restaurant. KOna Mixx Plate is no longer in business. Montre is a new, totally remodeled facility with an entirely different owner, staff and menu. Thanks!
Kansas City, Missouri
“Hands down, the best two meals we had in 2 weeks in hawaii”
Reviewed August 16, 2009

Try the teriyaki beef or shrimp tempura - both were outstanding. The mahimahi was also delicious and even our kids cheeseburgers were top notch. For the money, you cant beat it.

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“A great, affordable lunch”
Reviewed August 12, 2009

We enjoyed our meal at Kona Mix Plate--my husband got Korean chicken with macaroni salad, and I got teriyaki beef with a green salad--both meals included rice. Portions are huge, the price is very reasonable, and we thought the food was very tasty. It's a very casual place in a shopping area, so don't go looking for ambience, but we liked it a lot. Stop by the nearby shave ice place afterwards if you have room for a treat!