“Really bad, not worth the $15 pp for the smallest buffet option.”

Ocean Seafood Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #132 of 299 Restaurants in Kailua-Kona
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Holy mackeral! I'm not if it is the fact that I am from Seattle/Vancouver BC/San Francisco/Pacific Northwest where we have better Chinese food or if this place is as bad as it looks. We saw a $15.95 pp deal for the dinner buffet and decided our group of 13 would go have a decent meal. Besides the fact that the location is near a bar, not suitable for kids, the food under the hot lamps looked a few days old and the options were very limited. I understand Hawaii prices, but we skiddadled right out of there as soon as we stepped in. Never again. Seems like a nice family running the place, but this place was sure to be the "worst" that I have encountered in terms of the quality of food that is served as a Chinese place. I hate being honest, but I really hope this pushes for a bit more quality in the meals. Sorry.

2  Thank Christina N

Reviewed June 11, 2014

Love those crispy chicken wings. The only place in town that has Mu-shu, Go figure... parking is a bit of a mess...

Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

Have been coming here for years. Yes the dinner buffet is lukewarm and the quality of the meats is questionable but it fills you up, has a decent variety of choices and is affordable. Service is good especially for a short staffed Chinese restaurant. If you are not picky or expecting anything too nice...go for it. Otherwise stay away & good luck elsewhere.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

I need to agree with some of the previous entries. We have been here over the last several years but this year has been very different. We arrived and decided to try this place once again as we had good food and service in the past. Well this time it was different on two separate visits! Food was cold and selection on the buffet was limited at best. The wait staff asked if I was planning to go up for more food and I stated I was waiting for more food to come out. She looked at me like I was from Mars! I told her that I was waiting for the beef and broccoli, she look at the buffet table and said that there was food there. That’s true if you wanted just broccoli, and I told her so. Shortly she cooked up some beef and placed it in the buffet table with the existing broccoli. WOW that great!

Now this place is call the Ocean Seafood Chinese Buffet. Yes it close to the ocean, yes it’s run by a Chinese family, yes it’s a buffet, but you’ll see no seafood. No shrimp, no mussels, no lobster no crab and no fish! Now we did go at lunch and the diner menu may include them but don’t go for lunch. Ocean Seafood Chinese Buffet, really!

This place is outdated and needs a major renovation. I’m not sure about how clean this place is but looking at the exhaust grate outside the restaurant will give you an idea! I’m looking for something new in Kailua-Kona and will not return to the Ocean Seafood Chinese Buffet.

1  Thank dlee93
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

We arrived yesterday and had seen this place in a magazine we picked up in Honolulu while waiting for the inter-island plane. The advertised buffet was average at best. Several of the items were cold. Some of the meats were dry as well. Service was just about non-existent and got worse after a foursome arrived. We actually had ask for our check.

1  Thank 2CAPs