“Amazing Day!”

Blue Hawaii Sportfishing
Clovis, California, United States
“Amazing Day!”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Captain James and Brent are the best fishing crew I have ever had the pleasure to fish with. These guys absolutely know how to find the fish, and they were very laid back. They got out of the way and let us enjoy the experience. Too many times there are so many unecessary rules it makes you feel as though this was their trip instead of yours. Not with these guys, they helped my brother and sister in law and me and my wife to the very best day on the water. We caught several large fish and had opportunity at large marlin. I must say, it was a real benefit here in this part of the country to have an air conditioned cabin to retreat to after a big catch to cool off! At the end of the day Brett cut up some Mahi Mahi we caught and we took back it to our condo and enjoyed some of the best eating fish I have ever had. I truly made two new friends for life, I cannot say enough good things about this crew and Blue Hawaii Sportfishing. Thanks for a great experience! I will definitely fish with Blue Hawaii again!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Barry P

New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Boat, Great Crew!”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

The boat is very comfortable and you start fishing just within minutes of leaving the harbor. This fishery is one of the few places in the world where you can have a shot at a world class blue marlin just minutes from shore. For the novice, Captain James Dean and his mate, Brent are very patient and will provide all of the instructions necessary to land one of the most beautiful sport fish in the world. For the experienced angler, the Captain will push you to land a monster in under an hour so as to safely release the fish and go for a second shot at a world class Marlin! Both the Captain and mate are full of wonderful information about the Big island and live there all year round. I have fished both casually with my family on this boat and have also fished hard with this crew in professional tournaments. You cant go wrong with the Blue Hawaii and Captain James Dean!

Southlake, Texas
“"It Doesn't Get Any Better Than This!"”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I have fished with Captain James Dean and Brent Cotton for the last 10 years for fun as well as multiple tournaments with my 3 daughters and wife. I have chartered many fishing boats all over the world and you will not find a more pleasant crew than James and Brent. Even on a bad day fishing they are great to have on the boat. The Blue Hawaii is one of the nicest boats in the harbor and has the finest tackle available. If you want more information please feel free to call me direct 817 991-6761. Mark Mattlage Southlake, Texas

Nashville, Tennessee
“Marlin Fishing in Kona”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Can't recommend this boat and crew enough. I took my two sons and three nephews for a day of fishing - Captain James and Brent treated us like they had known us for years. Kind, attentive and first class all the way. Awesome boat excellent gear. By far, this was our best deep sea fishing experience in years. TP in Nashville, TN

Visited December 2012
Nashville, Tennessee
“Kona Marlin Fishing”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Hard to overstate how great the crew and boat was for our six days of tournament fishing. Captain James and Brent were extremely knowledgable and hard working. The boat, the Blue Hawaii was very comfortable and well equipped. The fishing equipment was first rate and the provisioning handled by the crew. One of the best attributes of the Kona fishery, besides the astounding number of game fish, is the fact that lines are in the water within ten minutes of leaving the dock. I truly memorable experience of big game fishing.

1 Thank MGL-857