“A first experience eating poke”
Review of Umekes Ali'i Plaza

Umekes Ali'i Plaza
Ranked #5 of 287 Restaurants in Kailua-Kona
Cuisines: Seafood, Asian, Polynesian, Hawaiian
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Umekes is the home of the True Authentic Fresh Hawaiian Ahi Poke Bowls! Umekes means Bowl in the Hawaiian language and we have Poke bowls for everyone. Umekes will create your Poke bowl the way you want it raw or grilled (pulehu) with healthy sides you can get your high protein and low fat for the day. We serve samples to our customers as we want you to be able to happy with your Poke bowl. Stop by our three locations open Monday through Saturday for your Poke Pleasure. Alii Plaza, Lanihau Shopping Center and our newest restaurant Umekes Fishmarket Bar and Grill off of Kuakini Highway and Kaiwi Street. Call ahead and order or scoop on by Umekes where Aloha is served daily!
Cleveland, OH
“A first experience eating poke”
Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

After seeing poke on DDD I had to try it while here in Hawaii. Based on recommendations I went to Umeke's. It was excellent and will go back. The dude waiting on me had me try 5 or 6 types when I told him I never had poke before. Great service and the poke was great. Had 2 kind both with Ahi. One had an Avocado Aioli and the other a Teriyaki glaze with chopped sea weed and sesame seeds. I got a side of crab with broccoli and it all was served with rice which I added dried sea weed flakes and soy sauce. Good stuff.

Visited November 2013

• Korean first
Berryville, VA
“Outstanding Poke!”
Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

Probably some of the best Poke I have had. Had three different Ahi and the Steak Poke all of which where fantastic.

Visited November 2013
“Great lunch spot!”
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

Poke is fresh and better than what you'll find at food land. Great service and hospitality. Recommend. The grilled fish salad!

Richmond, California
“Tasty food”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I didn't actually go into the store, my sister did. All I did was eat the food she bought -- edamame and two varieties of poke. All were appreciated. I liked how the edamame (soy beans) were still crisp and green with chopped garlic on them (as opposed to some grey and overcooked versions seen in other stores).

Visited October 2013
San Francisco, California
“Best Poke Ever!”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

As soon as we arrived on the Big Island, we went over to Umekes for lunch. The guys behind the counter were so helpful and offered us samples of the poke. I had the "sweetie" (sweet and savory) and my husband had the "hottie" (spicy poke). It was amazing!! The sweetie goes so well with the kim chee cucumber salad. We went to this place twice while we were on the island because we could not get enough of it. Love, love, love this place! Worth every penny.

• Visited October 2013