“Ocean Wisdom”

San Antonio, Texas
3 attraction reviews
“Ocean Wisdom”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

My memories of beautiful Hawaii would all be about the palm trees and plumeria BUT! I had the great joy of scuba diving with Steve and Lara Myklebust of SID's who introduced me to the underwater world in ways I had never experienced They know all the best dive spots and everything about marine life, making my memories that much more vivid and informed. THANK YOU, Steve and Lara!! Aloha and until the next visit!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank lani v

Sioux Falls, South Dakota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best dive shop in Kona!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I began diving with Sandwich Isle Divers when I was a teenager and was so motivated by Steve to pursue my open water certification followed by my advanced open water certification. I enjoyed the personal attention every dive to ensure that I was comfortable and having the best time possible. Steve is a wealth of knowledge and very helpful with any questions or concerns.

I always recommend Sandwich Isle Divers when I hear people saying they are going to Hawaii. I guarantee you will have a better experience with Sandwich Isle Divers than with a larger dive operation that only sees you as another customer.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Katie L
La Jolla, California
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Best little Dive Operation in Kona”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

What a GREAT experience. Diving with Sandwich Isle is like going on an underwater national geographic special! Steve M. is a marine biologist who knows Kona waters so well and shared his knowledge with us in a very light and enjoyable way. We especially liked the small numbers on the boat and the way Steve made you feel so special. Underwater he pointed out so many critters that we would have swam right past. When we surfaced, he answered all of our questions and told us he would hunt for whatever we missed on the second dive. Sandwich Isle was professional, safe and made our diving experience something we will forever cherish. Can't wait to go back!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank relajolla
Seattle, Washington
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Another Great Dive Trip”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Connie and I visited SID again last November for our annual dive trip to Hawaii. We have been diving with this shop for over 10 years and we keep coming back. We do try other operations but SID does sucha great job it's hard for the others to compete. Year after year the experience is top notch. They continue to do a wonderful job of making it a great expereince for all their customers no matter what their skill levels are.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank markmwilson
Anchorage, Alaska
“Love these guys!”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I got my open water diving certificate from Steve and Laura last year. My instructor, Mary, was amazing. Prior to getting my certificate, I was terrified by the idea of diving. I approached this as a personal challenge. Mary not only coached me through it, but did such an excellent job that I wouldn't hesitate to send my kids to her for instruction once they are old enough to dive. Steve and Laura were wonderful, and Steve's knowledge of the area is extensive. We will be taking another trip to the Big Island soon, and when we do, we'll be visiting Laura at the dive shop, and out on the boat with Steve for sure.

Visited October 2012