“Best dive shop in Kona!”

Sandwich Isle Divers
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I began diving with Sandwich Isle Divers when I was a teenager and was so motivated by Steve to pursue my open water certification followed by my advanced open water certification. I enjoyed the personal attention every dive to ensure that I was comfortable and having the best time possible. Steve is a wealth of knowledge and very helpful with any questions or concerns.

I always recommend Sandwich Isle Divers when I hear people saying they are going to Hawaii. I guarantee you will have a better experience with Sandwich Isle Divers than with a larger dive operation that only sees you as another customer.

1  Thank Katie L

Reviewed May 7, 2013

What a GREAT experience. Diving with Sandwich Isle is like going on an underwater national geographic special! Steve M. is a marine biologist who knows Kona waters so well and shared his knowledge with us in a very light and enjoyable way. We especially liked the small numbers on the boat and the way Steve made you feel so special. Underwater he pointed out so many critters that we would have swam right past. When we surfaced, he answered all of our questions and told us he would hunt for whatever we missed on the second dive. Sandwich Isle was professional, safe and made our diving experience something we will forever cherish. Can't wait to go back!

1  Thank relajolla
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Connie and I visited SID again last November for our annual dive trip to Hawaii. We have been diving with this shop for over 10 years and we keep coming back. We do try other operations but SID does sucha great job it's hard for the others to compete. Year after year the experience is top notch. They continue to do a wonderful job of making it a great expereince for all their customers no matter what their skill levels are.

1  Thank markmwilson
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I got my open water diving certificate from Steve and Laura last year. My instructor, Mary, was amazing. Prior to getting my certificate, I was terrified by the idea of diving. I approached this as a personal challenge. Mary not only coached me through it, but did such an excellent job that I wouldn't hesitate to send my kids to her for instruction once they are old enough to dive. Steve and Laura were wonderful, and Steve's knowledge of the area is extensive. We will be taking another trip to the Big Island soon, and when we do, we'll be visiting Laura at the dive shop, and out on the boat with Steve for sure.

1  Thank Melisa K
See more reviews
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I'm a former Kona resident and now regular visitor since the late 1990s. I've dived all over Hawaii and the Kona coast has got some of the best conditions in the state. When I'm back in town and want to get in the water I always go with Sandwich Isle Divers. They have a small, simple set-up but it's super friendly, laid back, and comfortable. Their shop can do any technical work you need done on your gear, and they stock everything you might need. Their knowledge of the marine life is superb (Steve is a marine biologist by training and has been diving this coast since the 1970s). They handle intro divers as well as they cater to those of us with 1000s of dives, and the small group size keeps the experience personal and fun (max is six divers, and there's always been two divemasters in water for each dive). They have an uncanny ability to find cool stuff (rays, HUGE pods of dolphins, frogfish, you name it). Kona has lots of great dive shops, but Sandwich Isle is my favorite.

1  Thank Zach B