“Potential, needs tweaking...”

Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Fish tacos ARE amazing-they need to keep all the food on this level, pizza is old school, as in, like the pizza at my campus center at my old college...but not bad by any means...There needs to be more tables & chairs as the place seems pretty empty, the tables need to be replaced or fixed so that customers are not putting napkins under them...But the major improvement needs to be the customer service. I know it just DOES NOT exist in Kona-the Big Island in general-which is sad-for the money people are paying to get here and have fun here-then to have jaded-crabby-just plain surley people waiting on you and then expecting tips to get their next tattoo is just sad...The short haird guy there is great, the guy with the ponytail is just out to lunch, the bald girl is rough but nice but the short haired girl that is maybe pregnant? SOOOO shouldn't have a customer service job. And then to have to tip her with their tip choices of 18, 20, 25 & 30% and NO tip??!! How about the customer being able to make the decision of the exact percentage or amount???? When I take 20 minutes to eat with no silverware, by myself or as just a couple, and the food comes in a BASKET, NO ONE deserves a 30% tip!! This tipping policy is terrible for the bad servers, but fine for the 2 good ones...They need new staff pronto...

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Maybe we just ate here on an off day or something (nine of us). Most of us thought they mistook our orders for something off the kid's menu. And none of us salivate for huge portions either. The food itself was generally bland. For an establishment that seems to take pride in their beer know-how the bar tender that day was asleep at the switch. At least 10 minutes after we ordered he came back and said they didn't have the beer we ordered. Anyway, like I say, our visit just might have caught them at a bad time.

As a result though, excepting nearby Scandinavian Shave Ice and Metal Mike's Twisted Pretzel, we now steer clear of the immediate downtown Kailua eateries. Reviews and ratings seem to indicate these establishments rely more on their prime market locations than efforts to enhance service and food quality. Perhaps the concentrations of visitor and cruise traffic business in that area has gone to their heads.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

My wife loves fish tacos and this place made her happy. But my boy and I shared a pizza (half margarita, half Italian) and that was really great too. The leftover slices went with us on volcano hiking the next day. Yummy and good value.

Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

The sign out Front says amazing fish tacos in a really really are And it's close to the downtown area

Reviewed March 19, 2013

My Wife and I have been in Kailua-Kona for 3 days now and have seen the "Amazing Fish Tacos" sign on Ali'i Drive every day. Today after kayaking we decided we had to try these fish tacos. A nice greeter showed us our table and gave us menus, We decided to split an order of fish tacos and one chicken tacos. We waited for 10 minutes and finally brought out some hot chips and salsa. The chips were good but the salsa was almost a puree from the blender, and lacked any flavor. After another 10 minutes we started asking our waiter about our food.All we were told is it was coming right out. After staring at our waiter in the kitchen, he finally asked the cook if the order was about ready. More clattering of pans was all we heard. We looked at the couple in the next table who were also waiting to be "amazed" and quickly losing their patience too. We couldn't stand the wait any longer and walked out. I hope the other couple was lucky enough to have ordered the same tacos as us and didn't have to wait much longer.

1  Thank gdcsoup