“Nice food”

Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Australia
“Nice food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

We had a family of six for dinner. The service was nothing to write home about, however the food was good, it was not a silver service restaurant but edible non the less.
The bill was not cheap and the lack of service was a dissapointment.

• Visited December 2013

Gymea, Australia
“Seafood at a Steakhouse”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

Being away from home for a month and with a 18 day cruise back to Australia still ahead of us my wife and myself were being careful in what we were eating whilst we took in 3 of the Hawaiian Islands. It is therefore a paradox why we went upstairs to the Kona Beach Steakhouse but having said that they also have a fair offering of seafood meals. Whilst enjoying pre dinner drinks we settled on the Baked Salmon for Madam and the House Lobster Tail for myself. My wife is a salmon tragic and said her meal could not be faulted whilst the Lobster was as good as it gets. We were seated in the open veranda area and with a evening sea breeze coming in off the Pacific a cleansing Longboard Pale Ale seemed in order. For around 70 Bucks this was a tropical evening meal from Central Casting.

• Visited October 2013
aiea
“Disinterested Customer Service & Diasaster at the Kona Beach Steakhouse”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

It's amazing of the somewhat more decent reviews, as three of us had just visited during the Labor Day weekend of the first weekend of September, 2013...In a nutshell it was a big disappointment & disaster! Perhaps since then, I'm sure the staff would have conscientiously realized the terrible & inconsiderate service they manifested while we dined there...I will try to be as brief as possible...When we first entered the place, there was no one to greet, not even the bus person acknowledged...We sat ourselves noticing other customers seating themselves with no one to acknowledge...Eventually, I got up to order drinks and appetizers from the back of the house bar...Even the bartender seemed disinterested... Seemingly reluctant, she took the order of drinks & appetizers I requested from the menu...My friend walked over to pay for the drinks, leaving no tip just yet...I paid for the appetizers leaving change as the tip...Later, the bus person we noticed at first was our server as well...Through our observation, as we spoke & asked questions of the place, we speculated he was also the manager/owner...After a while, my friend had ordered another drink of which the server/manager/owner mentioned they had run out of due to a missing ingredient...That seemed very unlikely as the ingredient is a standard cocktail mix that could have been substituted for a variety of other options on the bar...It just seemed as though my friend was not given a positive response to take care of the problem in a very simple manner...I then recalled that my friend didn't want to leave a tip from the get-go due to the disinterest, inattentiveness & terrible introductory service of the staff..., of course during the entire dining experience that would have been the judgement of leaving a deserved tip or not at the end ...we have the right as customers to tip or not according to the type of service we receive...finally, the server/manager/owner brought our last order of appetizers & 2 drinks minus my friend's drink due to the missing ingredient he had previously mentioned...there was no recourse or substitute offered for her...It was a very poor & rude approach....my friend then asked for the check of which she paid for & of which the three of us stood up and left never touching the drinks or the food of this last order...The manner in which this person and the staff affected our dining experience was the most terrible, a disappointment, a disaster! In concluding, it is ashamed that the location across the Kona Beach Steakhouse is world renowned for its annual promotion of sports activities & competitions...The fact that Kona Beach Steakhouse manifested such poor & inconsiderate service, could be detrimental to these world renown events...They need to be careful for the sake of growth for the economy... Maybe it was a bad day for them, but they need to learn how to recover themselves by apologizing for their wrong-doing and fixing the problem to allow the customer to leave without offense...Bottom-line, that bill/check should not have been given after my friend chose to leave when the order of 2 drinks & appetizers arrived minus her drink with no substitute offered her...

• Visited September 2013
Melton, Australia
“Dine Out With A View”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

My wife and I went for a snorking trip then came back to the Kona dock and just across the road was the Kona Beach Steak House I had a Hamburger so big with onion rings that I could not eat it all. My wife had fish and chips which she could not finish. The view out of the windows towards the sea and the cool breezes was just magnificent worth the money we paid and then some. The staff were very helpful and had excellent customer relation skills.

• Visited September 2013
Somerset, Pennsylvania
“Best Seat in the House”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

A great location for watching the athlete's come in from the bike and go out on the run during Ironman. The food was good and service friendly and prompt.

Visited October 2013