“Fish tacos > Fish n chips”

Mahi's Beer Batter Fish 'N Chips
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We went here twice in our three days in Kona. That's how good the fish tacos were! The shells are crusted with cheese, and the individually grilled pieces of mahi mahi were so fresh.

We had the fish n' chips, too. They were very good--crispy and fresh, but they didn't wow me. I prefer fish n' chips with a moister fish like cod.

They had two types of bottled Kona Brewing company beer and serve them in huge chilled goblets.

We overheard the owner telling other patrons that he's planning on buying new seating, and in the future, I hope they have a greater variety of local beers.

Warning: The bathroom is outside the restaurant in another part of the strip mall in a rather isolated area. I was glad my husband accompanied me there.

2  Thank travelgirlj_

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Went to this tiny restaurant and LOVED it. Portions are huge, seafood is fresh, people are nice. I had the grilled Mahi and my husband had the fish and chips and coconut shrimp. All were delicious. We saw some fish tacos on another table and decided to go back the next day and try those. So worth the splurge! It is only open until 3pm, so get there in time!

Reviewed February 6, 2013

This place is tucked away on Palani drive, in the shopping center where Domino's is. It was a little hard to find, but totally worth it.

The fish and chips were great. The batter was different compared to most places....the batter reminded me of corndog batter.

The fish tacos are great! The take the tortilla dip it in shredded cheese and fry it. There was a generous portion of fish in the tacos.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Well worth your time to find this place. Located in Kopiko Plaza near Longs, a couple of blocks from Ali'i Drive. Only open until 3 except Fri. - Sun until 8. These guys don't cook until you order so you wait 15-20 minutes which means your food is piping hot & fresh when you get it! My wife had the Mahi grilled basket and I had the Mahi fish tacos with a side of pineapple cole slaw. Both were absolutely delicious! Be sure to find this gem with top notch food AND service, you will not be disappointed!

1  Thank raider23