“Don't Bother”

Add it.
Wendy'a Old Fashioned Hamburgers
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We were hungry when we first arrived on the island. We saw a Wendy's on our way to our hotel and stopped for a bite. The food was cold and the service was slow. Very disappointing as I really like Wendy's normally.
I like the fact that the food is cheap but I also think it should be edible.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

I eat at Wendy's often and the majority of the time the food is excellent and the staff work hard to provide good customer service, however there is one employee that needs to learn some significant customer service skills. I don't know her name but this young blond cashier thinks she is the gift to everyone, has a haughty unfriendly attitude and is not an asset to this restaurant.

My story: I went in to have a quick meal after work and always enjoy the little frosty Jr. after, as I have purchased two of the Donation key tags. This time I had left tag on a different set of keys, so I decided to buy another one to enjoy the dessert and have one on my other key ring. In my previous two tag purchase/donations, I had always cheerfully received my frosty with my original purchase. I was greatly surprised when the blonde cashier told me that I could not have my frosty this time with my donation/purchase as it was only good "next time". I informed her that I had previously purchased two other key tags and had received the product at that time. Her response was "rules change" and refused to give me my dessert.

Now I know this is a matter of only one dollar, but this kind of customer service is not the kind of attitude that Wendy's corporate stands for nor the normal good service I have come to expect at this particular restaurant. This cashier need to be educated in what real customer service really is and the consequences of giving poor service. I am posting this review in hopes that the management at this store will redouble their efforts to educate their staff on the importance of providing superior customer service and that this will serve as an example of how poor customer service by a single employee can be so very damaging to a stores business.

I will also be posting similar reviews on Twitter, Facebook and Yelp to spread this message as far and as wide as possible.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

This was probably the cheapest and best burger on the island. Wendy is always my go to burger when traveling. Fast food but has flavor and quality, not like other fast food chains. Big meal for 5 bucks! Cannot beat that for the Big Island prices.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Ended up grabbing a quick bite at wendys since the other place we were looking at eating wasnt open for about 2 hours. It was your typical Wendys. Great burger.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Our favourite fast-food in America? Wendys!

We find the salads are great value - particularly the one that comes with chili. It more than fills the two of us!

I admit it, while we were in Kona we ate here a few times.