“Beautiful location, quiet, comfortable.”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Average
new bed cover
garden
bathroom with a deep sink
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Average - based on 5 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Carol C
“Beautiful location, quiet, comfortable.”
Reviewed February 13, 2015 for a stay in February 2015

The view from our room was exceptional, John was friendly and helpful, it was quiet and close to all the attractions of Kona and area. It was everything we needed. Thanks John.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
xiexuan09...
Beijing
“comfortable place with reasonable price, great lanai view!”
Reviewed March 21, 2013 for a stay in March 2013
people found this review helpful

My husband and I stayed their for 4 nights. This studio share the same house with host so you can get help from the host anytime. The room is spacious, clean and newly decorated. King size bed, and the bed is comfortable. The view from lanai is great! The host, John, is very helpful and gave us a lot of local infomation. This is a quiet, beautiful community, with no crowded people, just what I want. I see some turkeys one day, the first time I see turkey. I think the only shortcome is that the shared kitchen is outside the studio, so I have to prepare food in room and move out to the kitchen area to cook. I enjoyed the peaceful days there, a good place to relax.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Spacious room, very clean. Quiet and beautiful community.
Liked least: Shared kitchen area
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Oakhurst
Reviewed March 21, 2013 for a stay in February 2013

Schweinfurt
Reviewed February 7, 2013 for a stay in January 2013

Management Response
Feb 7, 2013
Nadine was a very fortunate first time traveler
She and I where so lucky to catch the glitch with the schedule on the popular site software, pretty buggy,but I was available on new years day to get her into a clean room, just had a guest today that made the mistake on her end , and we where booked ,I got her great place at another establishment.
That is us
We try to go the extra mile to help ,
we picked up,and dropped her at the other place.Don, know many places that would do that.
With Nadine we did not charge for the extra cleaning fee even though the booking mishap
It was not in our control. I am glad that we have a level of service that I have not received at any hotel at twice the price.

Also we spent many hours helping Nadine with her first reservation experience with flip key ,and Hawaii, I have never received any help like that from any hotel even in the 450 range.

Extras she got
King sized bed not a futon, soap and shampoo, dance class,gave her help with local sights and restaurants, history talk,and at fruit tasting and talk , free massage, only four seasons does anything like that, kona village used too

Like any place we have blind spots so we had to get rid of the shared frig, tidy the yard,change lights and the cooking area . We continue to do a continuous improvement approach, that is why it always good to give the host the knowledge of what is not working well.

We have reward system for guests that have given us insights into how we can make the place much better.
Rewards given
for 2 days comp, chocolate fountain and a dinner pass
We recently had a guest insist that we take half of there deposit as a tip

Our rustic Hawaiian house with insights and Hawaiian experiences is not for every one but many people want more of a unique experience than it is just right for you
ie serve 3 types of passion fruit, cherries,bread fruit , 4 kind of oranges, 6 kind of avocado, 12 kinds of citrus, 4 kind of banana, and rare fruit never served at any hotel except on rare occasions at 330-1000 night hotels
New Zealand and Kamuela
Reviewed January 12, 2013 for a stay in November 2012

People with disabilities Older travelers
Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing