“Great Food Service & Food”

Patricio's Mexican Taqueria
Ranked #97 of 288 Restaurants in Kailua-Kona
Cuisines: Mexican
San Clemente, California
“Great Food Service & Food”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We went on a Thursday Night - The special was Home Made Tamales which we ordered and had the plate special. The ladies are helpful and they have counter service only. No waitress

Salsa bar is always fresh and clean and ever so tasty!

East bay, CA
“Visited 2 times in 2 weeks”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Both times, I ordered the Chimichanga (one with chicken and the other pork). They were both very tasty and quickly available.

I have only 2 complaints:
1) Since the chimi is piping hot when I get them, I rely heavily on the utensils they provide. The inexpensive plastic knives and forks they provide are almost useless with the chimis! They distort and bend from the heat when you try to use them (it is really difficult to cut through the crispy tortilla with a knife in which you cannot apply any pressure).

2) The Mountain Dew and Sierra Mist from the soda fountain has a very strange taste (for me almost undrinkable). They have a weird "twang" like the mix is old or some other reason. (here in Kailua-Kona, this was not the only place that had issues with the soda fountains. Maybe it's the water??)

Will definitely visit again. Would rate 5 stars if we had better utensils.

Lake Forest, California
“Best Mexican Food In A Long Time”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

First of all let me start by saying that in the past 3 years of living here in Kona I have tried many different Mexican food places. None of them has truly impressed me...until yesterday when I visited Patricio's on Palani Road. Upon entering the restaurant you hear Mexican music and the decorations are not overdone. As you approach the counter you see the large menu board over your head. There are many different choices and some specials of the day.
My wife tried the California Burrito which I believe has french fries inside. She claims that it was the best burrito she has had in a long time...maybe even ever. Now that says a lot to me. I tried the Nachos Supreme with Carne Asada. I was quite impressed at the size of these nachos. Most of the places I have visited skimp on the chips and toppings. Not here...they loaded the plate up with plenty of meat, cheese, beans etc. Plus what i really loved was the fact that almost every chip had some toppings on it. Many places simply throw all the toppings right on top and so after you have eaten the good stuff on top there is nothing to eat the remainder of the chips with. Very well made order and very awesome taste to go with that.
Impressed with service, food and location. I know we will be returning the next time we crave true Mexican cuisine. Thumbs up Patricio's....

Salem, OR
“Tasty and Authentic Quick Mex”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We heard about Patricio's from some local folks and stopped by for lunch. The food was really good, and they have amazing tacos al pastor, chicken, authentic fish tacos and a decent ceviche. Our order was handled quickly, and first bite into the fish tacos we were hooked! I was very pleasantly surprised how tender the tacos al pastor meat was - very well seasoned and melt in your mouth. We will definitely be back!

1 Thank Michellee5000
Captain Cook, Hawaii, United States
“Tasty”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We'd heard lots of positive praise for this restaurant and decided to give it a try. It's located in the KTA strip mall. You order your food at the counter and are called to pick it up when it has been prepared. I have to give a shout out to whomever helped with the décor. A beautiful mural graces one wall with papel picado banners strung across the ceiling and pretty tile tables. They offer a salsa bar...nice touch. Their regular menu didn't rock my boat...mostly tacos, burritos, enchiladas. Then I spotted the "special" chalkboard and saw my favorite - Chili Rellenos. There was no price on the board. We ordered two chili relleno specials, one a la carte taco, and a drink (soda). I was surprised to see a red sauce on our relleno, but it was delicious. The plate came with rice and beans. For those accustomed to American-style tacos, you might be disappointed. The tacos were traditional Mexican, much like the ones you would find south of the border. Our bill came to $28. While the food was very good, we thought the price a little high.

• Visited November 2012