“Best customer service”
Review of HYPR Nalu Hawaii

HYPR Nalu Hawaii
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Coaching Services:- We have Advanced LESSONS on SURFING, PADDLEBOARDNG, YOGA, SWIMMING, Strength Training, Outrigger Canoes, Surfskis ( Kayaks ) Bodyboarding. Even as Tourists, we treat all our guests as athletes because believe competition techniques and knowledge is the FASTEST, most Stable and most efficient way to SURF & paddle i.E. DO IT RIGHT THE 1st TIME. We EDUCATE our guests to be able to SELF COACH. World's best Boards - Established in 2002. We make ALL our own Stand Up Paddleboards, Surfboards and Outrigger Canoes. We started out as a maker Hi-Performance Carbon Outrigger Canoes & Paddleboards in Kona, Hawaii. We opened an ocean front store so that paddlers, surfers and tourists could come test our products in a convenient location on the Kona Pier. We sell our unique products by "word of mouth".
Chino Hills, California
“Best customer service”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Ian and Lauren were the best! They were very patient with my girl friend and me as this was our first time paddle boarding. They gave great personal attention to us and helped us with our first time jitters. The dry land practice was extremely important. They worked with us until we demonstrated we had learned the necessary skills before going into the water. Ian worked with us in the water and kept a watchful eye on us to give pointers and suggestions after we were able to go off on our own. These folks are terrific. I have told others about our experience and said they need to go see Ian and Lauren instead of the other paddle board shop nearby.

Visited September 2013

Boston, Massachusetts
“Highlight of my trip! ”
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

I had always wanted to try surfing but once I actually got to Hawaii I chickened out. Fortunately, near the end of my trip I met Lauren and Ian who thoroughly convinced me and my sister to go out on the water with them the next day.

Our instructors were both really fun and responsible, and they made us feel 100% safe and encouraged the entire time. In fact, everyone we met there was extremely warm and friendly. I can safely say that surfing with HYPR Nalu was the highlight of my trip both for the surfing and the people.

So if you're afraid to try surfing, give HYPR Nalu a chance. You won't be disappointed.

Los Angeles, California
“HYPR Nalu = Shakas & Alohas!”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

I highly recommend HYPR if you are a first time stand up paddle boarder. Ian took the time to make sure I understood the proper technique and principles of paddle-boarding which gave me a huge amount of confidence when I got in the water. Ian was also extremely polite, patient, and funny (all the qualities a beginner needs when trying something new).

For anyone out there that wants to experience the island and connect with the ocean in a new way, I would strongly urge them to try SUP and to take a lesson from Ian at HYPR. It was definitely a highlight of my Kona trip I will never forget!

Visited August 2013
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Fabulous Experience”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Many thanks to Ian and Chris for a fabulous experience, as total novices to the sport, we were impressed with the calm and professional manner in which both Ian, Chris and Lauren handled our queries and concerns, they were totally reassuring and we are very pleased we entrusted the surfing experience with them.
The 1 to 1 group ratio was impressive but when coupled with the off water session and the fairness to the length of the "lesson", it just went that extra mile in customer satisfaction, in fact Ian demonstrated a degree in customer service that many large conglomerates could learn from, it was certainly value for money.
We would highly recommend lessons via Ian and Chris

Visited December 2013
Flagler Beach, Florida
3 attraction reviews
“HYPR NALU is a first class Outfit”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Ian and his family run a great shop! For any one interested in SUP or surfing this is a must. The lessons are a true value. They condense years of knowledge into minutes. For those looking to take their ability to the next level these guys can get you there, even if your just starting out. Added pluses are their great location in Kona, surf and flat water, and the off shore views of the island. Plus Ian builds some fantastic boards.

Visited September 2013