“Awesome surfing instruction”
Review of Kona Surf Company

Kona Surf Company
More attraction details
Owner description: At Kona Surf Company you can Learn to Surf ! Take a group, private or semi-private Surf lesson while in Kona Hawaii. We also Provide SUP ( Stand Up paddle) rentals and lessons!
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Austin is an encouraging, very astute surfing instructor. Even gives things you can work on at home to help. Made a dream come true for my 60+ husband- showed him how to read the waves, timing, very obviously enjoys getting novice's up and enjoying surfing. Highly skiiled teacher with a passion to see others enjoy what he does.

All reviews
"fun experience"
"super fun"
"whole family"

Reviewed September 6, 2013

My daughter took lessons from them and they were fantastic, she absolutely loved it - one of the highlights of her trip. If you want lessons (which I would recommend) definitely go with them... WARNING: there are photographers that take pictures of the surfers, DO NOT buy any pictures from KONA SEA ADVENTURES, they are the photographers that work with Kona Surf Company, pictures are great but you will never get them!. I paid for my daughters pictures and I'm still waiting 10 weeks for them, they keep saying the issue with downloading them is on my side, which is not the case, I work for a large organization that allows large files to be received. There are other photographers there and I had no problems receiving the pictures from them.

1  Thank zsuzsa-s123
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Love these guys! They were so nice and professional and made sure that my friend and I got some good waves. Austin and Dominic knew what they were doing and made us feel like we've been surfing our entire lives (it was our first time!) There was even a photographer who got some wonderful photos of us. I highly recommend Kona Surf Company.

2  Thank susiehana
Reviewed August 8, 2013

My husband and I chose Kona Surf Company from a handful of other recommendations during our vacation in July, and we were glad we did!

Our instructor, Austin, was clearly an experienced waterman and made us feel completely safe in the waves. There were plenty of surfers in the water and he guided us through the lineup and put us in the best spot. We both caught a bunch of waves and even stood up on a few bigger ones! The surf lesson was the highlight of our trip. We went home and recommended Kona Surf Company to all of our colleagues and friends!

See more reviews
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I went to visit the Island on vacation and had never surfed before, so I decided I'd try it out. Dominic and Jay took me under their wing and had me surfing in no time! I was so excited that now every time I go back to the big Island I make sure I take another lesson from them, even multiple times a trip! They are amazing guys, very helpful and educated in what they do. I felt very safe in the water with them and wouldn't have preferred anyone else. I would definitely refer them to anyone who was looking to ride some waves for their first time. I visit the Island years apart and they're always there on Alii Drive! Don't think anyone can be so dedicated to helping others as these guys. Thanks!!

1  Thank Jazmin E