We stayed here for the Ironman as it seemed to be relatively close and we found a reasonable rate on-line. We were very pleased with the property, the rooms and the service. We had breakfast included which was in the main dining are server buffet style but with a variety of eggs, omelets to order, oatmeal, fruit, yogurt, veggies, rice, breads, juices and pancakes - not to mention the coffee. For a family the pool is ideal with the big slide for both the big and small kids on your family. I enjoyed the slide. It is about 6 miles - 12 minutes from downtown Kona, but for the Ironman, we did not have an issues going into town and finding parking both the before the race and the day of the race. We had a late flight, so we check out and they let us use the pool and then a hospitality room for 30 minutes so we could shower before heading to the airport.
The only negatives I would say is the toilets were very industrial and the hallways were a bit noisy - one night it seemed like groups were coming a going as I heard the slamming doors.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the diversity of Hawaii's Big Island with family and friends at Sheraton Keauhou Bay Resort & Spa. From stargazing atop majestic Mauna Kea to tours of nearby Kona Coffee farms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Starwood, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsforEveryone and HotelsClick so you can book your Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa at Keauhou Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Keauhou Bay Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Sheraton Keauhou Bay Resort And Spa
- Sheraton Kailua-Kona
- Sheraton Keauhou Bay Resort & Spa
- Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa At Keauhou Bay Hawaii/Kailua-Kona