Just spent 7 days of frustration and disappointment at this facility. The hotel is old, which in itself isn't an issue, but this one is in great need of more than just a coat or two of paint. It was all too apparent that staff paid very little attention to detail and the majority showed little interest in the jobs they were doing and/or lacked the appropriate training.
The room booked was ready when I checked in, but I was greeted with soiled towels and gym mats in the dresser. The room was serviced poorly throughout the week: coffee, tea and creamer not replenished; shampoo, shower gel, mouthwash, only replenished sporadically, trash cans not emptied every day. It's perhaps understandable if this happens once, but it was the rule rather than the exception!
Guest services seemed equally ill-informed or incompetent as a simple question concerning the time I could expect my laundry to be returned was answered with three different times within 30 minutes. It wouldn't have been so bad, but they were all wrong. Laundry given to front desk staff on Monday morning before 7 AM did not get back to me until Thursday. The explanation that the hotel was working with a new laundry service interests me little; but the inconvenience of not having clothes for the majority of my time at the hotel was just inexcusable.
Credit, however, where credit's due: the hotel restaurant food was well cooked and the kitchen staff were on top of their game. The wait staff was more of a mixed bag, one evening being competent, helpful and clearly understanding her job, to another where the waiter did not know the menu or the wines.
Perhaps the worst service experience came at the lobby bar, where empty bottles and glasses were left strewn around the tables as our order was taken and remained there for the 45 minutes we were there to "enjoy" our drinks. I even had to remind the barkeep that I wanted to close out the tab, as he also forgot this request the first time around.
The concierge was also of little use. We asked him to find stores in the vicinity that ship flowers and fruits to the mainland. His computer system was just booting up when we asked so he said he would leave a message for us in the room. No message, no apology, nothing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the diversity of Hawaii's Big Island with family and friends at Sheraton Keauhou Bay Resort & Spa. From stargazing atop majestic Mauna Kea to tours of nearby Kona Coffee farms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, HotelPower, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa at Keauhou Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Keauhou Bay Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Sheraton Keauhou Bay Resort And Spa
- Sheraton Kailua-Kona
- Sheraton Keauhou Bay Resort & Spa
- Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa At Keauhou Bay Hawaii/Kailua-Kona