Stayed here last Christmas for two weeks and this time three and a bit weeks, most of December till Jan 1, 2013 Originally were booked at the Outrigger hotel by the park but it closed and was shuffled here by Westjet, no complaints from me on that shift. Have partial ocean view on forth floor so get to look over the trees, nice (-:
Wife hates the north view(no sun), I love the shade so I am happy, and I am paying (-:
Room is clean and washroom is mold free, much better than last year.
Have only tried a few meals at the hotel since we know where the good food is in town, Trolley drivers are a great asset for info, the larger the driver the better the info. What meals we have eaten here are better than last year. Liked the breakfast buffet, always like the design your own omlete, if they added Papaya and Avacodos to the fruit area it would be hard to drag the wife away from it. The lunch at the pool is a bit lighter than town but not a bad deal for lazy days. Supper has mixed reviews but I have no complaints.
Wireless internet, before Christmas, not bad, as number of people increased it slowed down significantly.
TV, never turned it on, didn't come here to watch it.
This year no connecting door, much much quieter. But last year it was only one night that there was noise.
- Far from town but the Trolley with the later hours this year is a great improvement.
- Most tour bus turn the engines off in the morning when picking up the customers, a few drivers don't. Birds sound better than a bus and do to time zones I wake up early. The delivery trucks are very consistant in turning off the engines excellent (-:
- Balconies, so far has not been cleaned once, rooms thou are fine.
Overall, yes I would stay here again and might next Christmas, thou we are thinking multiple islands next year, beats -30C.
Wild life - lizards, mongooses, lots of birds, one owl, several bats.
Staff, very polite and friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the diversity of Hawaii's Big Island with family and friends at Sheraton Keauhou Bay Resort & Spa. From stargazing atop majestic Mauna Kea to tours of nearby Kona Coffee farms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa at Keauhou Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Keauhou Bay Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Sheraton Keauhou Bay Resort And Spa
- Sheraton Kailua-Kona
- Sheraton Keauhou Bay Resort & Spa
- Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa At Keauhou Bay Hawaii/Kailua-Kona