We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. There were 11 of us, so we had two rooms We had requested two upper level rooms, however, they would not have been close enough to each other, so the staff was nice enough to arrange the rooms one on top of the each other in the same building. Albert and the girls at the front desk were very friendly.
The concierge staff was always there to answer our questions and help us book our day trips. Sally was exceptionally helpful. There is a small area on the side of the building that has beach and pool toys that have been left behind by other guests. They are free to use and can save you a few bucks so you don't have to buy a beach chair or a noodle while you are there.
The resort is absolutely beautiful. The grounds are kept up, it is very private, quiet and you feel like you stepped into a Polynesian dream. The only down side is that it is not on the ocean. However, you can access the ocean by walking across the street. The pools are nicely landscaped, but in the heat of the day, there was often too little of a breeze. (Who goes to Hawaii to hang out by the pool anyway though?) The rooms are nice and have everything you need. The blender was especially powerful - great for smoothies and margaritas.
We walked into town every day, at least once. There are no sidewalks by the resort, but there is plenty of space on the side of the road. There is a constant stream of runners and walkers on the road, so the drivers look out for you and are courteous.
If you can or want to say no, do the timeshare presentation. Getting the Aloha Privilege card saved us hundreds of dollars on excursions. If you just plan on hanging out and not doing any tours, don't waste your time.
All in all, we would definitely visit this resort again. I have family visiting the Kona area next year, and I will be reserving them a room here through our Wyndham timeshare. Enjoy the relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 2 bedroom apartment ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Vacatia, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wyndham Kona Hawaiian Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Kona Hawaiian Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Wyndham Kailua Kona
- Kona Hawaiian Village
- Kona Hawaiian Resort
- Wyndham Kona Hawaiian Resort Hawaii/Kailua-Kona