“Great Location!” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
San Francisco, California
“Great Location!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Location was perfect for quiet and peaceful vacation. Close to amenities - just a short walk away or jump in the car for snorkeling. Really appreciated the staff here...Reasonably priced in comparison to several hotels without kitchens in the units.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank pokeybonan
Cindy C, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Kona Hawaiian Resort, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Aloha,

Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful experience at the resort. we are glad that you and your family had enjoy the Island adventure.

Mahalo,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sanibel Island, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

Recently stayed here for 7 nights and overall we're very pleased. After looking at photos online and reviews I was skeptical about choosing this resort. Upon arrival and check in, the unit and resort exceeded my expectations. Large unit with updated furniture and well stocked kitchenware...non stick pan was super. Two minor complaints... the only dining table was outside and there were lots of flies, insects. Possible screening in would help. Also, pools were small and kids were bored. That said, we didn't spend a whole lot of time in unit or at pools. Would return again.

Room Tip: Second floor to void noise.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank islndfvr09
Cindy C, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Kona Hawaiian Resort, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Aloha,

It's was a pleasure to have you as our guest here in the resort, thank you very much for all the wonderful words that you experience with us. We are glad that we meet your expectation to our resort. We love to see you here again.

Mahalo
San Diego, California, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

Stayed here July 2014. Units have nice layout but the furniture is old and uncomfortable. The carpet is old and I wonder why in a place near sandy beaches it isn't tiled anyway. The spa tub in the master bedroom is one of those like in the dial is commercials... Only one person can get in at a time... The grounds were pretty. The staff were friendly. Pools were small but ok. Location is not on the beach and across the street the beach is rocky so you have to drive to sandy beach area. Otherwise location is short drive distance to grocery and restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: Blogs are two stories with stair access to upper units. If stairs are a challenge ask for lower lev...
1 Thank Allison C
Cindy C, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Kona Hawaiian Resort, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Aloha,

Thank you kindly for all the wonderful words that you shared to us it's greatly appreciated. The resort is close to the beach and all the restaurant is only a minutes away. As for the units they've been renovated 5 years ago with new carpets and furnitures.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

We booked this resort through a Hawaiian Airlines package deal. I thought that the price was incredible for the room quality. Our family of six attended (three adults/three kids) and we had a two bedroom/two bath condo.

We arrived at the hotel pretty early in the morning (around 8:30am). We were told that check-in wasn't until 4pm and no rooms were currently available, however, the lady wrote down my cell phone number and said that she would call as soon as a room became available. The lady offered to store our luggage for us, too. It was around noon that I got a call from the front desk, stating that our room was ready.

I thought that the space of the unit was perfect, and the layout was also great. The six of us slept comfortably in the room.

I've read some reviews that state the internet isn't the greatest. I can vouch for that. The internet isn't the greatest, but I didn't mind. It was actually nice to break away from technology for a few days and enjoy our vacation.

The only thing that I didn't like was the fact that we weren't told (upon check-in), that our room wouldn't be serviced while we were there. I found out on our third day (by reading the information book in the room), that the rooms were only serviced mid-week. If you want clean towels you have to wash them yourself with the laundry detergent provided in the room. I guess if you want more shampoo/conditioner, you need to go to the front desk and request that. I didn't mind washing our towels, but it would have been helpful if I had known upon check-in that our room wasn't going to be serviced.

I would definitely stay there again.

4 Thank brennabonds
Aloha,

We greatly appreciate all the wonderful comments that you gave us during your stay in Kona hawaiian resort. We apologize about the internet connection that occur during your stay.

Gilroy, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

This is a very nice Kona Resort. The units are spacious and out room was immaculate upon checking in. Found it to be very quiet also, which I don't think I've ever experienced before in a "timeshare resort".
The timeshare presentation was typical of most. Not a whole lot of pressure and the presenters were polite.
My one and only complaint about the resort had to do with their wi-fi. It is absolutely horrible, AT&T is the provider and they just guaranteed me not switching to them because of the shoddy experience I had with it here at the resort. And they can't blame it on being in Kona. I stayed one night at the Royal Kona while here and the wifi was excellent... So Wyndham, please get your act together on this. As it stands now, I won't be coming back because I need access to the internet and I don't like having to find some place else in town to enjoy it. Plus when using my smartphone it kept exiting the wifi connection due to "slow connection times" so unbeknownst to me when I thought I was using my wifi on my phone, it was actually pulling from my data usage. Luckily, I caught it and turned off my phone. In the 4 days I've spent here so far, it had managed to eat up 75% of my data plan, because the wifi was exited.

Oh and one other thing.. when I went to use the dryer, there were some articles of clothing from the previous guest still in there along with a bandaid! Apparently the service staff doesn't check the washer and dryers.. so be prepared...

Also no direct beach access, so be prepared to drive if you want to get to the beach.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Cindy C, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Kona Hawaiian Resort, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Thank you for this great feedback. This will allow us to continue to enhance the vacation experience at our resort. Mahalo.
Wailuku, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

This is the 2nd year that we have stayed here, and we absolutely love this place. The pools are simple, but all my kids need is a little bit of water to have a great time. Since we visit from Maui, and the beaches in Kona arent the greatest, they basically live at the pool. The rooms are spacious and the master bedrooms are beautiful. Tim, at the front desk was very professional and accomodating and will return next year. We still have not been able to make the time share meeting, but hope to make it next time. You wont be dissapointed. Aloha

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Waisaipapa
Aloha,
Thank you for the great feedback. Great to hear that Tim did a wonderful job with the entire check in process. We look forward for your next visit.

Mahalo
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

We just got back from this fun vacation yesterday, and as Wyndham owners, we took advantage of being able to stay at the Kona Hawaiian Resort. The rooms are quite large, and every unit has a private lanai. We had no issues with parking during our time there (6/22-6/29). There is also a desk that can book all of your activities for you. The pools are small compared to other Wyndham resorts, but it makes sense considering that visitors are probably going to be at the beach. We went to the pool twice and it was never crowded. You are looking at at least a 15 minute walk to restaurants, but the view along the way is so beautiful, it doesn't even feel like a long walk. My only constructive criticism is with the fitness room. It had one treadmill, one bicycle, and one nordic cardio machine in addition to the four fitness machines. There are no free weights. But, hey, who needs to work out in a cramped fitness room when you can run or walk along Ali'i drive?

Room Tip: Ask for a downstairs room.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Terri B
Cindy C, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Kona Hawaiian Resort, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank you for the kind words. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Again, thank you for reaching out and we look forward to your next visit.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kailua-Kona
Courtyard King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kailua-Kona
Kings' Land by Hilton Grand Vacations
Wyndham Mauna Loa Village
Wyndham Mauna Loa Village
#8 of 14 in Kailua-Kona
Four Seasons Resort Hualalai
Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa at Keauhou Bay

Been to Wyndham Kona Hawaiian Resort? Share your experiences!