I was some what nervous about going to this resort after it was booked, (My mother owns the time share) after reading some of the reviews regarding bugs. But our room was nice and clean! We had a second story. There was a friendly green gecko living on our railing outside, but he didn't stay up late or make any noise. And he politely moved out of the way when we needed the hand rail, leaving no dirty foot prints. I think he might have been reading our free paper in the morning before leaving it for us. It usually didn't show up until 9am.
You could hear others outside as other reviews have reported, but it didn't bother us much. The resort is pretty close to a few restaurants and down town. But you may want to drive.
It's a short drive in any direction to lots of nice shops and places to eat. If you do rent a car, beware, the parking lot at night fills up fast. One night we didn't get back from a tour until after 11:30. We ended up having to park a ways away from our unit.
The only down side to our stay was, as always, the time share pitch. You'd think they'd stop trying to hard sell you when you are already an owner, but no. They promised us discount tickets to a local luau if my mother attended a 40 minuet meeting. As always the meeting lasted waaaay longer than 40 minuets. (About an hour over.) Because they just kept trying to give her more deals. Wyndham sales reps REALLY need to learn to respond to the word 'no' better. Especially from people who are already owners. (FYI, the luau was hardly worth it...bland drinks and the pork made me sick. Also, no refund for rained out shows??)
All in all a nice stay. I can't wait to go back and visit the big island! (Just skip the sales meeting.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 2 bedroom apartment ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, Vacatia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Wyndham Kona Hawaiian Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Kona Hawaiian Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Wyndham Kailua Kona
- Kona Hawaiian Village
- Kona Hawaiian Resort
- Wyndham Kona Hawaiian Resort Hawaii/Kailua-Kona