The Kona Hawaiian Resort is a tasteful historic condominium resort harking back to the old sugar plantation days. The decor of the whole place is beautiful. The expertly carved doors to all the units are marvellous. It was interesting just to walk around looking at them.
The grounds are beautiful and well maintained, with many species of tropical flowers, trees and shrubs. And, best of all, many have name plates by them so you can get to know some of the species. The gardens attract many beautiful birds.
There are many interesting activities and shows. Lei making was a favourite activity. Weekly entertainment was very enjoyable.
The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. They truly lived the aloha culture.
The units were very comfortable and well-maintained. The only suggestion for our unit, 28B, is that the floor in the main bathroom should be replaced. The tiles were looking old and dirty, although they were cleaned. Cleaning service was great.
We thoroughly enjoyed our 3 week stay. Hated to leave. Would return anytime. Was a great home away from home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 2 bedroom apartment ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com, Cancelon, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Vacatia, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Wyndham Kona Hawaiian Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Kona Hawaiian Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Wyndham Kailua Kona
- Kona Hawaiian Village
- Kona Hawaiian Resort
- Wyndham Kona Hawaiian Resort Hawaii/Kailua-Kona