“Great Views”
Review of Sea Village Resort

Sea Village Resort
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Kailua-Kona
Reviewed August 6, 2014

This is my all time favorite condo group to stay in. The view is great from both the condos that we've had there over the past 6 or 7 years. We stay usually 2 to 3 months. It's easy to get to and easy to find when you go away. We really love this area.

Room Tip: We have always stayed on the ground floor as I have a leg problem plus a breathing problem so can...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Russell L

Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

Beautiful , awesome view . Every thing you could need in this unit . It lacked nothing except sleep. You will hear everything and I mean everything that is going on in the unit above you . We were miserable at any point during the day that we were in because of this but at night , it maddening. Kids running and yelling . The adults sound like they are coming through the floor . I am not sure I have ever written a review before but I am tired and NOT happy and I paid to relax

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank tennvoldoll_10
Reviewed August 1, 2014

We booked this condo with our timeshare for the 3 days at the end of our vacation so we would be close to the airport for going home. Next time it will be for a lot longer. The 1 bedroom condo was really nice. Lanai looking out over the ocean. Sunsets were lovely. The unit had a full kitchen and a washer and dryer. We actually slept on the murphy bed so were could hear the ocean and it was very comfortable. We could walk to the touristy street in Kona where there are a lot of shops and restaurants which was nice. Costco, Walmart, Safeway and the airport are about 6 miles away. The pool and hot tub were not crowded when we went at about 4 in the afternoon. Loved it.

Room Tip: We couldn't request with our timeshare but I think Oceanside on the 2nd or 3rd floor would be th...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kaalgo
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Hello folks! It's me again. I am still on the Big Island but I checked into Sea Village because I wanted to do some activities on the other side of the island. I must say that I took a chance on being here as I was here about five or six years ago and did not like it because the rooms were dated. However, I had read on tripadvisor that they had been renovating their rooms. I thought they may be finished or I might be luck and get a renovated room. I was wrong on both accounts. My advice to everyone is to STAY AWAY!!!!!

The only positive things I can say is that the unit is large, is centrally located in Kona near restaurants and shopping and the ocean view is nice. Other than that, this unit 2301 is a mess. First, the sink in the master bedroom had water in it because the stopper was broken. The other bathroom has mold in it, the toilet makes noises, the floor of the shower has a big stain, there were bugs crawling all over the sink and the kitchen area. The screen door does not close all the way so more bugs come in. This is critical because there is no air conditioning in these units and it is quite hot. The sofa has a huge tear in it. I complained to the front desk in the morning. She offered to give me another unit but it was not a renovated unit. Since I am leaving the next morning, I did not want to spend time moving.

When you check in to this resort, if you are not here by 5:00 p.m. There is no one physically present to check you in. You have to use a courtesy phone and a lock is on hand for you to access. They have a barbecue grill and a small pool for guests. If you are particular about resorts, this is NOT the place for you. There are people who hang out in front of the property, usually smoking. This property is owned by Vacation Internationale and is an affiliate resort to Diamond Resorts. I did not use a lot of points here, but I am sorry that I took a chance coming here. I hate being here and will NEVER stay here again under any circumstances room renovated or not. I cannot wait to leave in the morning. I would show pictures, but I don't know how to post them or see anywhere that I can post them.

Room Tip: Hello folks! It's me again. I am still on the Big Island but I checked into Sea Village because...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank Carlos1753
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Very disappointing. Resort is very well maintained, unfortunately the owners of condo 3112 doesn't follow their lead. Used VRBO. Definitely not worth the money we spent. Unit has not been updated since 1970 & delayed maintenance very evident. Rusted fridge, mattresses need to be replaced, futon couch needs to be replaced as well as some of the kitchen utensils. View was very nice, everything else went down hill from there.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Rosemary M
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

The last time we stayed in the Big Island we chose the Hilton Waikoloa. This time we were looking for an inexpensive place to stay and chose the Sea Village. I found it a relaxing place to stay, so much so that I chose to sleep on the couch to take full advantage of the sounds of waves crashing on the rocks outside our third floor room. We made certain we were back for sunset each night. While more upscale accommodations are fine, those on a budget may wish to consider Sea Village and put the difference in price into sightseeing

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Jadamek390
Reviewed June 18, 2014

We stayed here while in kona for our honeymoon. We had a 3rd floor Oceanside condo and it was perfect. Instead of using the headroom which was very nice we used the fold out couch in the living room and left the deck door open with the screen door closed and slept listening to the waves crash. One morning we even saw a pod of dolphins swimming not 200 ft from our deck! Rooms were very clean with lots of amenities and the place has a great pool that's secure and private for guests! As well as a beautiful courtyard with barbecues for use! We would definetly stay here again

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brian P
JABoughton, Director Inventory Management at Sea Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Thank you for writing a review. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay at Sea Village. We are just starting the second phase of the refurbishment project on the Vacation Internationale units and hope you will come back soon to see all the progress we are making.