Hello folks! It's me again. I am still on the Big Island but I checked into Sea Village because I wanted to do some activities on the other side of the island. I must say that I took a chance on being here as I was here about five or six years ago and did not like it because the rooms were dated. However, I had read on tripadvisor that they had been renovating their rooms. I thought they may be finished or I might be luck and get a renovated room. I was wrong on both accounts. My advice to everyone is to STAY AWAY!!!!!
The only positive things I can say is that the unit is large, is centrally located in Kona near restaurants and shopping and the ocean view is nice. Other than that, this unit 2301 is a mess. First, the sink in the master bedroom had water in it because the stopper was broken. The other bathroom has mold in it, the toilet makes noises, the floor of the shower has a big stain, there were bugs crawling all over the sink and the kitchen area. The screen door does not close all the way so more bugs come in. This is critical because there is no air conditioning in these units and it is quite hot. The sofa has a huge tear in it. I complained to the front desk in the morning. She offered to give me another unit but it was not a renovated unit. Since I am leaving the next morning, I did not want to spend time moving.
When you check in to this resort, if you are not here by 5:00 p.m. There is no one physically present to check you in. You have to use a courtesy phone and a lock is on hand for you to access. They have a barbecue grill and a small pool for guests. If you are particular about resorts, this is NOT the place for you. There are people who hang out in front of the property, usually smoking. This property is owned by Vacation Internationale and is an affiliate resort to Diamond Resorts. I did not use a lot of points here, but I am sorry that I took a chance coming here. I hate being here and will NEVER stay here again under any circumstances room renovated or not. I cannot wait to leave in the morning. I would show pictures, but I don't know how to post them or see anywhere that I can post them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your refuge at Sea Village is located on the sunny, dry side of the island in Kona, where the tradewinds keep you comfortable year round. Float in the seaside pool, or sip estate-select Kona coffee from your private lanai with the Pacific close enough to taste as the surf breaks against the resorts sea wall. A true vacation paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sea Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Village Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Sea Village Kailua Kona
- Sea Village Kona
- Sea Village Resort Hawaii/Kailua-Kona