“Great spot for coffee and a treat”

Kope Lani Heavenly Coffee & Ice Cream
Ranked #2 of 17 Coffee & Tea in Kailua-Kona
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Seems like a family run business where all the employees are well trained and enjoy their jobs. Make truly great espresso (and I am a real snob) drinks and serve Island Dreams ice cream. If you have not had the Toasted Coconut you have not had the best ice cream ever! We were in the Kona area for 12 days and walked through their door at least 6 times. Great covered patio space right on Ali'i drive in the heart of all the action.

1  Thank MikeBar2013

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Delicious local ice cream, great little patio facing the ocean for taking a break during the day. The Kona coffee flavors are delicious, heck they are all delicious. You can sit and look at the water under the shade while cooling off for a bit. We went twice!

Reviewed July 13, 2013

We went to this place every day during our four-day stay in Kona to taste its macadamia nut ice cream. There are many nuts in the scoop and was so delicious!! My favorite is chocolate macadamia nut, but my daughter liked vanilla macadamia nut ice cream. Coffee was very good, too (I found it is difficult to get good coffee in Hawai'i).

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Yum.. really delicious ice cream and they offered us a few tasters to help us choose which's always handy.

If you like ginger, their ginger ice cream is right up there (strong flavour).
Rocky road was perfect - not too sweet, so I didn't feel ill when I got to the end!

Great spot for some creaminess!

Reviewed June 28, 2013

We ate ice cream at Kope Lani several times during our two month stay on the Big Island. My wife could not stay away from this place, always ready to top off a nice dinner with ice cream. If you are enjoying a walk on Ali'i Drive, this is nice place to stop, relax and try one of their many flavors.