“Would go again”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Puyallup
“Would go again”
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Last minute plans, we got a 2 bedroom/ 2 bathroom ground floor unit. Comfortable unit with usual WM amenities. King sized bed in MB and 2 twins in second, plus a murphy bed. It was just the two of us so we only needed the MB. Living area furniture a bit overcrowded for the space so if several people staying there, could be a bit crowded, but worked for us, plus I idon't think you go to Hawaii to stay in your condo! Staff were great. They have an Expedia rep there and she was extremely helpful in advising for tours. I know, she is SELLING tours, still, her presentation was excellent and made the process of signing up for tours easy. Only one real problem with the condo. We could hear EVERYTHING that went on upstairs .not words...but sounds. At risk of being too indelicate..we knew more about what was happneing in the bedroom than we wanted to know... otherwise, excellent place. One more thing, no view of ocean, but easy to get to. Pool area one of the best WM we have seen.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
13 Thank bodori

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Beaverton, Oregon
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Typical Worldmark set-up. This one is near town so an easy walk. It's also near a beach for watching sunsets. The facility itself is adequate but has no real views. The staff was acceptable but not awesomely helpful.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank wyrbender
Hawaiian Beaches, Hawaii, United States
Reviewed October 10, 2011

my family of 4 stayed at the WorldMark for 12 nights and i have mixed reviews!
happy to report that the grounds were kept neat and roach free!
i asked to change rooms, because lack of natural light in the bedroom in units close to elevator.
location is very nice, you can walk right into kailua kona.
activity staff by the pool was very friendly and helpful.
bathrooms do not have windows! (all bathrooms should have fresh air!)
pool itself was clean, the hot tub and kids pool was very sandy and needed vacumed on a daily basis.
i did get stuck in the elevator twice, which the staff seemed to not say or do much.
disappointed in cleaning ladies....we changed rooms and left a item on the floor in the closet and it wasnt returned before the next guests moved into that room. cant be sure if the staff or the new guests took it but someone was a thief. surely if the maids were doing there job correctly i would have gotten back my item. this to was easily not discussed and brushed off.

Room Tip: front building you can see the ocean!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank Lupe G
Honolulu
Reviewed September 23, 2011

Kona worldmark is showing it's age a little, but is still a quality place to stay. The rooms were clean, plenty of towels, good appliances and furnishings. Plus it is only half a mile South of the main strip (Alii Drive) in Kailua-Kona, so there's plenty of restaurants just a short drive or walk away.

I only stayed a few days this time and last time I was here almost 10 years ago, we stayed a little longer. I stay in a lot of other places when I come to the Big Island (since I live in Honolulu on Oahu) but mostly on the Hilo side.

One huge complaint I have about this stay is that when I go to a time share on vacation I don't want to be bothered by sales presentations. I'm already a member -- I don't want an update or a special discount card or 3 phone calls inviting me to a presentation. I am not interested. Stop bothering me! I don't think Wyndham taking over Trendwest was a great idea to begin with and I think all it has done is devalue my points in the entire system. Thanks.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevators, it gets noisy with the master bedroom up front.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
8 Thank osXmallard
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed September 4, 2011

We stayed here for one week and had so much fun! I booked all our activities through Rebecca of Expedia , she's very knowledgeable and gives you great and honest advice for the things you want to do.

The two bedroom suite was perfect for our family. We enjoyed the swimming pool every night but our kids were disappointed that they can only swim until 9p.m. What's up with that rule? They should let them swim until 10 or until closing. There is nothing wrong with kids swimming with older people. It's actually great family affair to have kids swim with older citizens.

Room Tip: There are no ocean views here.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank btreid
Colorado
Reviewed May 28, 2011

I just got back from spending a week at the Kona Worldmark. My husband and I were pleasantly surprised by our 2 bebdroom condo. The rooms were spacious with all the ammenities, including a blender that we used nightly to make drinks. Obviously, this is not a luxury time share, but nothing was in disrepair. The pool and hot tub were nice and both were large enough to use anytime of day. I will definitely stay here again!

Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank DrJV
Bonney Lake, Washington
Reviewed March 5, 2011

We stayed here for 11 nights at the end of February 2011, We stayed in a 2 bedroom unit on the 2nd floor right above the hot tub. The units were quiet and comfortable. The pool is on the small side but still never felt overcrowded, the hot tub was large. The pool deck was plenty large enough with plenty of lounge chairs, regular chairs and tables. Their is a small covered area where the Expedia representative has a desk and does their presentation for Island activities. Their is also tables and chairs in this area along with a restroom. The activity price list is out dated and after asking the representative to show us the correct prices on the activities that had changed, we reserved a Zip line tour and after processing the request the price that was charged was higher than quoted. We asked for and received a full refund. We were able to book the same tour online for about $20 pp cheaper that what they were going to charge. They're are elevators on site but they are extremely slow, so we used the stairs as much as possible. Although both stairways are at each end of the building, to get to the parking lot, you have to walk back to the center where the elevator is to get to the parking spots and garbage dumpster, except for the stairway at the south end of the east building which accesses the parking spots at that end. I know,sounds like a petty problem but just isn't the most convenient when your unit is in the middle. (sniff sniff :) ). The location of the Worldmark, isn't the most convenient to shopping, beaches, restaurants, it is walkable, about 3/4 mile to the nearest place to eat. They're are a couple of very small convenient stores south of the Worldmark within walking distance. They're are no side walks in this area but the shoulders are wide enough to feel safe walking. Lots and lots of people walk along this stretch of road in the mornings. We were a little disappointed that they don't have a gym or work out facility on the premises. Would I stay here again, not real sure. We would rather be in a more convenient location or stay at an ocean front property. The lanai had 4 chairs and a table that overlooked the pool but when we are near the ocean we would rather look at that.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends