“Great surf lessons, made my trip!”

Kahaluu Bay Surf and Sea
Stand-Up Paddleboard Lesson on the Big Island
$182.30*
Private Surf Lesson on the Big Island
More attraction details
Owner description: Get SURF LESSONS and RENTALS with Kahaluu Bay Surf & Sea in beautiful Kona, Hawaii. Winner of the 2014, 2015 and now 2016 Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence award. Come experience the truly Hawaiian sport of surfing. Our friendly surf instructors teach people of all ages and skill levels how to surf in a fun and safe environment. We also have one of the largest selections of quality Surfboards, Stand Up Paddle Boards, and Snorkel gear for rent on the Big Island. The only surf shop located directly across the street from Kahaluu Bay, one of the best surfing and snorkeling beaches in Kona. So what are you waiting for? Book your surf lesson today!
Providence, Rhode Island, United States
“Great surf lessons, made my trip!”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I had the most amazing morning learning to surf with Isha and Ben. They were both super friendly, encouraging, and accommodating for all levels of ability. I was in a group lesson with three other people, but felt like I got a ton of one-on-one help. Not having much experience with ocean water sports, I felt very safe with them, and above all had so much fun!! I highly recommend their lessons to anyone, and after raving about it all afternoon, I think I've even convinced my ocean-wary husband to try a lesson, too!

Visited May 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Nice place, good value”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We rented a SUP and a surfboard here, all the staff was very friendly. Because the Surf at Kahaluu was to high, we weren't allowed to surf there. The nice lady directed us to a beach just north of Kona Airport and assured us there would be a nice break there. Unfortunately when we finally arrived at the beach there was no surf at all. Instead of assuring us that there would be a surf and encouraging us to go out there, she should have refused to rent us boards and been honest to us. When we returned the boards we where sent off without a thank you or an apology.

Visited May 2013
Ben C, General Manager at Kahaluu Bay Surf and Sea, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Aloha,
I'm truly sorry that you guys drove all the way out there and had no success with the waves. About 90% of the time there are manageable and fun waves out there. It was never my intention to send you guys to a place with no surf, I just wanted you guys to have a great last day in the ocean. I hope your travels went well and have fun in Canada! We hope to see you guys the next time you make it to Hawaii.

Isha
Calgary
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Exceptional SUP lessons”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Ben took two of us out for a SUP lesson this morning. He was incredibly helpful, professional, and above all enthusiastic. I HIGHLY recommend this shop for stand up paddle lessons (they teach surfing too).

Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
“Great Place to Learn to Surf”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Great instructor along with a great location for beginners to catch a wave! Our family took a 2-hour lesson and had a blast!

Ottawa, Canada
“If you are looking for a great surf shop - this is your place!”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We just finished our morning of surfing with Ben. Can't say enough about him and Isha (spelling?). The location is incredible!!! After a quick ground lesson on the basics we walked across the street and were surfing in minutes. Amazing!!!!!! Ben was patient with us, very encouraging, and just an all around good guy. His passion for surfing and helping people learn how to surf is sincere. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!