“Fun lesson! Great for beginners!”

Kahaluu Bay Surf and Sea
Book In Advance
More Info
$103.13*
and up
Stand-Up Paddleboard Lesson on the Big Island
More attraction details
Owner description: Get SURF LESSONS and RENTALS with Kahaluu Bay Surf & Sea in beautiful Kona, Hawaii. Winner of the 2014, 2015 and now 2016 Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence award. Come experience the truly Hawaiian sport of surfing. Our friendly surf instructors teach people of all ages and skill levels how to surf in a fun and safe environment. We also have one of the largest selections of quality Surfboards, Stand Up Paddle Boards, and Snorkel gear for rent on the Big Island. The only surf shop located directly across the street from Kahaluu Bay, one of the best surfing and snorkeling beaches in Kona. So what are you waiting for? Book your surf lesson today!
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I signed up for the 2 hour group lesson for 4. There were 2 instructors for five of us, and we all caught waves! The instructors are very knowledgeable and friendly, and compared to other surf shops around the price is competitive. Keep your eyes out for the sea turtles that hang out near the beach on your way in and out of the water

All reviews
"the big island"
in 24 reviews
"first timers"

Reviewed April 7, 2013

First time surfer visiting Hawaii and Ben did a great job showing me the ropes. Got up a few times (fell a lot) but had a great time and definitely felt like I learned a lot. Just wish someone had warned me not to eat right before...be forewarned!!

Reviewed March 21, 2013

I took my 16 year old daughter back to Hawaii - the last time she was there was when she was 4! She took a private lesson with Ben and from there on out ALL she wanted to do was learn more about this sport. Forget any of the cultural stuff, forget volcanoes! Is there any surf?!? We hadn't read any reviews so it was our good fortune to start out with Ben and Isha at Kahalu'u Bay Surf and Sea. In the 7 days we were there I believe she had 3 or 4 private sessions with Ben who was such a great instructor. She is still so very keen to learn more and improve. Thank you Ben & Isha! We'll be seeing you sooner than we thought! Spring Break in Kona!!

Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

Very friendly staff and a great value on snorkel gear rental. Highly recommended. I would go back on my next visit.

See more reviews
Reviewed March 16, 2013

My girlfriend and I tried surfing for the first time with Ben and Isha in Feb 2013. We had a fantastic experience. My girlfriend was very nervous to try out the surf spot because she was very inexperienced. Isha was a wonderful coach to her. She pulled her off to the side and tried lots of gentle waves while Ben took me to some bigger ones. We both learned a lot and thoroughly enjoyed our experience. Ben and Isha are great, they have a wonderful story and know the local area very well. You would do yourself a great service to utilize their experience and enthusiasm.

Surfs up. Enjoy