“Incredible experience”

$103.13*
and up
Small-Group Surf Lesson on the Big Island
More attraction details
Owner description: Get SURF LESSONS and RENTALS with Kahaluu Bay Surf & Sea in beautiful Kona, Hawaii. Winner of the 2014, 2015 and now 2016 Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence award. Come experience the truly Hawaiian sport of surfing. Our friendly surf instructors teach people of all ages and skill levels how to surf in a fun and safe environment. We also have one of the largest selections of quality Surfboards, Stand Up Paddle Boards, and Snorkel gear for rent on the Big Island. The only surf shop located directly across the street from Kahaluu Bay, one of the best surfing and snorkeling beaches in Kona. So what are you waiting for? Book your surf lesson today!
Barrie, Ontario, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Incredible experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

My boyfriend and I really wanted to try out surfing, we had both never done it before. We went down to Kahalu'u beach in Kona for a whole week and didn't see this little place, across from the beach, for the whole time, we went back to Kona for our second week in Hawai'i for a day on our cruise and decided to try it out! We loved the snorkeling so much at this beach so we decided to go back to it, and found this little surf shop. Everyone is very nice and all we did was rented boards and went out. It was a great place to try out surfing and the guys who were teaching (Ben and another guy) were very nice to us and gave us some helpful hints!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Gualala, California
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ben made me look good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

I've wanted to try SUP for a while now. I'm a 65 year old with really poor balance. The board is almost the size of a sheet of plywood, how hard can it be? For me pretty hard. Ben was wonderful. He tried really hard to get me standing and finally got me going while "surfing". By the end of the two hours I was actually able to stand up and get in some paddling while riding the waves. The bay is a wonderful place to learn. I must say I think I'm terrible at it but I've learned enough to feel like renting a board and going out myself to continue practice. Knowing my progression while working with Ben makes me think I can now do it on my own. If Been can get me up on a board he can get anyone up. You won't be disappointed. My wife and I also rented snorkeling gear from them and went out seeing sea turtles and fish 3 days.

Vancouver, Canada
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Great, and easy snorkeling”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

This was a great place for beginner snorkeling, there is coral around so you don't have to worry about anything, there was a ton of turtles! And a ton if fish! There are also a lot of surfers that surf the little bit if area that isn't sheltered by coral. Very busy beach! There was also shaved ice, which seems to be a very popular thing. Enjoyed it very much

Moscow, Idaho
“One of the highlites of my vacation!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

Being new to surfing the lesson I got from Ben made all the difference, he made me feel confident and safe, at the end I was riding waves in! Ben and his wife Isha are very professional.
when I return Kailua i'm going back to Kahalu'u Bay Surf & Sea

Visited February 2013
“Great Surf Lesson!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

What an awesome surf lesson! I took one before somewhere else, but didn't feel like I really improved, but after one two hr lesson with Ben, my form definitely improved and I'm catching more waves, easier. It was also just a really enjoyable afternoon of being on the water. Thanks Ben and Isha!